chapter 53

"Are...you okay?" He heard her little voice from far away and snapped his head in that direction.

There she stood, peeking through the door timidly, still with her blanket around her shoulders.

He got up and walked towards her figure.
" Are you okay?" He asked, cupping her face.

She nodded and opened the door wider to let him in.

He sighed and picked her up from under her arms like a baby.

"Your hair is wet" She giggled when he snuggled closer to her neck.

" Hmm, is it?" He asked.

" Yes, it is"

He felt relieved to see her smile and made her sit on the bed.

"Are you here because of me?" She asked while looking down guiltily.

"No, I missed the flowers in your garden" he replied with a roll of his eyes.

"I remember you saying that before, right?" She asked, remembering when he came to her house to pick her up for their first beach walk and she stupidly asked him if he was there for her and he said no he was there for the flowers in her garden. She was so silly, she believed him and got sad.

" I did," he said and nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to make anyone worried about me" she looked down with a pout, just realizing how concerned her parents must have been by her sudden drama.

"You are allowed to take the time off but don't lock yourself away like that, hmm?" He said so softly that she felt like melting then and there.

How can he be so comforting all the time?

She doesn't know why but she half expected him to ask her why she came here sneakily like that from her room and lecture her about her safety and how worried everyone was because of her but instead he was very calm and didn't question her actions at all.

She felt happy to see it though because even she didn't know why she did what she did back there. It was like her limbs acted on their own accord and her rational side was pushed back.

He texted Alex that she was up and asked for a first aid box with the food.

"How long was I sleeping for?" She asked a minute later.

"Hmm not more than three hours" he calculated the time from when she climbed down from the window and when they found her to now.

She gasped and looked at him again,
"You had a very important work today, did you miss it as well?"

"No, it was taken care of, don't worry" he consoled.

She couldn't help but blame herself for becoming a hindrance in his work.
So she silently hugged him, resting her head on his shoulder and securely wrapped her hands around his torso.

Hearing her sigh, he knew what was going on in her head.

"You have nothing to worry about, darling. It got complicated even before you, so I would've left it to Luka anyway" he explained calmly and continued weaving his fingers through her long hair that he loves so much.

"I still feel bad" her eyes got teary.

Today has not been a great day for her. When she saw that video she felt that terror all over again and she started expecting him to show up at her door again even though everyone already assured her that he will never be able to reach her. And now seeing Xavier here dealing with her issues like always and not being able to take care of his own work, makes her feel like a huge burden and she was positive it was the same for her entire family.