chapter 54

Ailee tossed and turned around but couldn't fall asleep. Her mind was filled with a lot of thoughts.

"What happened?" Xavier asked, sleepily.

" I don't know," she whispered.

He hugged her close to his chest and ran his fingers through her long and wavy hair.

After a few minutes, she spoke,
"I miss mama and papa"

Xavier stopped and pulled away a little.

"Do you want to go to them?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. If that's what will help her ease her mind then he'd gladly drop her there himself.

"Mhmm" She sat up and tied her hain into a bun while he picked up her pillow.

"Will you be okay?" She asked even though she knew the answer.

"Mhmm I'm lying in your room with everything yours, so practically you are here with me" he kissed her now exposed neck to which she blushed and nodded her head with a silly smile.

" It's okay, Zai. I'll go by myself, you sleep." She took the pillow from him and stopped him from getting up before kissing him on the lips and leaving the room quietly.

How she got so lucky is beyond her.

Humming with excited steps she knocked softly on the door. After some ruffling, the door was opened and there stood her father who was surprised to see her there.

"Lily, honey, what is wrong? Did Romano say something to you? Did you guys argue?" He let her in and asked worriedly because it didn't make sense for her to come to them in the middle of the night when her precious boyfriend was right there next door.
Her mother sat up when she entered and exchanged worried glances with her husband, silently asking him to tell her why she was there.

Ailee started laughing at the priceless reaction of her parents and shook her head, smiling.

"No, papa nothing like that happened. I just missed you so much so I thought......"
She said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Of course, my love, you're always welcome" Juliana hugged her, sighing in relief and patted her head. She got emotional when she heard her saying that she missed them because before she came both her and Calvin were talking about their children only. They miss how carefree their lives were and now each one of them have their own sets of difficulties. No parent would want that for their children.

"Come on, let's sleep" She lied down between her parents and smiled broadly, looking at the ceiling.

"Mama? Papa?" She said quietly.

"Hmm?" They said in unison.

"I love you both" she said and they chuckled.

"We love you too, our little Lily" Calvin said and patted her head.

"Oh! What about Romano? Poor child, is he sleeping alone?" Juliana asked Ailee.

" Yeah, he said he was fine sleeping alone," she smiled at his thoughtfulness.

"Hmm, how about we call him here too?" She suggested and Ailee laughed in response.

" No Ana, you know how he isn't comfortable around people. Why would you torture him like that?" He reasoned.

" That is true but it would have been nice if he could spend more time with everyone"
She suggested.

" Mama, he is trying. He has changed so much over the months, I believe a day will come when he'd join us for the sleepover"

"I don't know but he's really a sweet boy"

They didn't sleep for another hour just talking about general things. Deep down in their hearts this is what each one of them actually wanted but were hesitant to ask. Parents thought that they might be interrupting their privacy now that they're all grown ups and children were too busy in their own lives.