Chapter 20

"What can we do to help?" Queen Celestia asked.

"A few things, if it's not too much," I started. "The fae will never make it to Selenea with how many goblins, ogres, and trolls are in the forest. Can they stay within your kingdom until this is put to bed?"

"Of course, they can!" King Ajax exclaimed.

"Great. That's good. Um, the second thing is a bit more complicated. We have to get back to Selenea to tell King Orsand and gather our troops. Can you send out scouts to the other kingdoms to warn or gather theirs?"

"Which kingdoms?" King Argus questioned.

I glanced at Edmond. 

"All of them. Or as many as you can reach," he said.

"The elves. They are very skilled warriors and will be very useful in fighting back. The witches and wizards, but they live in the human realm so we're probably going to have to go there. The mermaids need to be warned. The hippogryphs will be a great ally," I said.

"What about the minotaur?" Queen Andromeda asked.

"Yes!" Edmond said. "The minotaur will be a great asset."

My eyes were drawn to a space next to Queen Lessa and King Argus. A soft golden light grew from nothing that nobody else seemed to notice. Except for Edmond. He side-eyed me quickly while the light grew.

Diana.

'Elanor, the Sphinx'

'What?'

'The Sphinx .'

'I thought she wasn't really good.'

'She's indifferent,' Diana said. 'But she'd be willing to help fight back against whoever is controlling the goblins, ogres, and trolls.'

'How do you know about that?' I asked.

'I know a lot of things.'

'Okay, so where is the Spynx?'

'She's usually in Egypt.'

I sighed heavily. 

How are we getting to Egypt? How are we going to find everyone?

I was about to say something to Diana when a familiar blue light appeared beside her. Aelfred appeared beside her.

'We're all here. Okay. Great. Aelfred, do you have a suggestion?' Edmond asked.

'The hippocampus. I'm sure the swarm will make its way to the ocean. They can be a naval force of sorts."

I nodded and turned to look at the other creatures around us. It was incredible how time seemed to just freeze when Diana and Aelfred would talk with us.

"What about the hippocampus?" I asked, going back to the mythological creatures in front of us.

"The hippocampus? They're limited to water though," King Solaris stated.

"They are, but I don't think the swarm will stop at just us. I'm fairly confident that whoever is controlling them will have them attack all of us, including those in the sea. The hippocampus and mermaids could aid in protecting from the water."

"And the sphinx," Edmond added. "She is a mighty creature who can help us as well."

"Yes. Okay. So that's a good starter list to build the armies. Plus we can supply all of our troops," King Ajax said.

King Aquilastrum stepped forward. "Obviously, the griffins are in 100%. We will help in any way that we can."

"The pegasus can help in any air travel," King Solaris said. "Egypt is not very close to here, and we are fairly fast fliers."