Chapter 34

Unsurprisingly it took Ashley and the nanny forever to pack everything for the pups. I'm pretty sure she had more bags to go back to Moon Mist than I did.

Maybe I don't pack enough. Should I have packed more. I thought to myself.

No! You pack plenty. I mean, you packed three tiaras and your crown. Edmond thought to me, rolling his eyes.

Yeah, I know I ended up grabbing more, but you never know what you'll be doing.

El, you packed plenty of stuff. Tons. We have no room. 

I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed one of Ashley's suitcases to help carry to their car.

"Majesty!" one of their butlers exclaimed in shock and disgust. "Majesty, you absolutely put that down."

"What?"

"Majesty, you are royalty. You do not carry suitcases."

"Oh my Goddess, you're Phil....are you related to Phil?"

"Phil? The butler from Winter Lake? Yes. He is my brother. I'm Carl."

"Sweet Goddess, there are two of him," I muttered staring at the man who looked like a younger version of our Phil.

"Please, madame, allow us to handle that."

Knowing how Phil was I could only imagine Carl was the same way. I didn't argue and put down the suitcase. The man snapped his fingers and young boy, who looked like an even smaller version of Carl, appeared.

"Please, take the lady's suitcase to the car, Benjamin."

"Yes, sir."

"Um, Carl?"

"Madame?" he asked, turning to me. 

"Is that mini version of you, your son?"

"Indeed, Madame."

"And he has a tiny butler suit on?"

"Indeed. All of our family train to be butlers in the houses of pack leaders. We have for many generations."

"Don't take this the wrong way, but he is the absolute cutest little butler in training."

"Thank you, ma'am. I appreciate your kind words."

"And you are the exact same as Phil. Wow."

"Thank you. I take that as a compliment. Phil is the best butler to come from the family in years."

"Oh don't be modest," Ashley said, carrying Anna and Adam down the stairs. "We would absolutely be lost without Carl."

"Madame." Carl bowed low to Ashley as she strolled past him and out the door.

Adam and Anna wiggled and screamed in her arms while the nanny trailed behind with baby El who snoozed peacefully despite her siblings acting like they were crazed werecats.

"Let's get going," Alastair said, hoisting up two of the suitcases as a trail of butlers followed behind.

They tetris'd everything into their SUV while Ashley, myself, and the nanny strapped the multitude of pups into their car seats.

Before I knew it, we were back on the road and heading toward Moon Mist. I was filled with excitement and unease as we got closer and closer. I clutched my satchel close to my body with one hand while holding Edmond's with the other.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I think. I don't know."

"You're nervous," he stated.