Chapter 22

"Ares?" Queen Lyra asked.

"Will you excuse me, please? Kallisto, I am so happy that you're going to be alright."

I rushed from the faeries, looking for Reuben. I saw Abby sitting in the corner near a bed with a crumpled sheet. 

"Hi, Abby!"

She stood quickly, dipping into a curtsey. "Majesty."

"Where is Reuben?" I asked.

"He went to the restroom. He should be right back."

"Oh, he's up and moving around! Good. Hey, has he told you anything yet?"

She shook her head. "No, but he did say he had something really important to tell you."

"Okay. I had a few questions."

"Princess!" I heard the familiar, kiddish voice of the sweet red-headed kitchen boy.

"Reuben!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a hug. 

"Oh! Princess Elanor!"

"I am so happy you are okay!"

"Yeah, it was a bit touch and go for a while there, huh?"

"I have a few questions to ask you if that's okay."

"Yeah! I have to tell you something too."

"When you were on your way back, what did you see."

"That's what I wanted to tell you!" he exclaimed. "I saw this really big black..."

"Dog?" I finished.

He nodded his head.

"Ares."

"Ares?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"As in the God..."

"Of War?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

"Yes, that very same Area," I mumbled. "You rest. I have pretty much every royal from around the world here. We're forming an army to fight back."

"Can I help?" Reuben asked.

"Reuby! No," Abby exclaimed, standing up.

"Reuben, you need to rest."

I hurried from the clinic and ran down the corridor until I ran into Edmond.

"I know who it is. I know who's behind this."

"Who?" he asked.

"Ares."

"Ares? The God of War?"

I nodded my head. "Do you know who his mother is?" 

"Hera?" Edmond asked.

I nodded my head again. "But his father is Zeus. So he's like...my uncle?"

"Uncle Ares," Edmond said, shaking his head.

"I need to speak with Artemis."

"Okay. Our office should be closed off."

"I'll meet you back at Father's office." I turned to run to our space before looking at Edmond. "Oh, I invited Harmony to come with us."

I hurried off before he could protest at all about that.

I closed the door to the office and drew the shades so it was nothing but darkness. Closing my eyes, I focused on Artemis. Calling to her.