chapter 10

Layla's perspective

A knock at the bedroom door startled me awake, I tried to ignore it until I heard my father's voice.

"Layla?"

"Can I come in?"  my father said opening the door and popping his head in.

"Yeah," I sighed irritated.

My father waltzed in with a look of disgust. Sitting at the edge of the bed. My first thought was oh great, he's going to try to be a dad.

This sort of made me happy because it seemed like he cared, but of course I was wrong.

My father rubbed his hands on his black slacks back and forth nervously, I could tell he was debating on bringing up the issue.

"Layla this is important."
He said trailing off with a serious look until finally taking a deep breath.

"Well... There have been some rumors going around. And it's been brought to my attention... That you've been sleeping around with the pack members, including the Gamma."

What the fuck? I thought to myself, how the hell does he know? Mike must be bragging saying what he did was consensual.

"Antonia was kind enough to bring this to my attention today. She said your scent was pungent and lingering on Mike's garments when he returned from your meeting in the pack house kitchen. When she confronted him he admitted to cheating on her with you."

"I was told you threw yourself at him." 

"She even went as far as to say you seduced her boyfriend, Mike Weaver, is this true?"

I attempted to hold back the tears, causing my eyes to water until finally there was no stopping them.

Placing my head in my hands covering my face. I felt so humiliated and horrified that he would actually believe this.

What would happen to me if I told him the Gamma raped me? I thought to myself.

I'm afraid they would do something to me. They would lie about what happened because nobody gives a shit about me anyway. Considering he rejected me they will think I'm just trying to get back at him.

With my hands still covering my face I murmured, "Do you believe it, Dad?"

"I want to tell you the truth, Dad."

"Dad, Mike Weaver our beloved Gamma sexually assaulted me and when he was done he rejected me and I ultimately accepted." I breathed out a sigh of relief, finally getting it off my chest.

I stared up at him attempting to read his facial expression.  However, As I studied my father's face, I realized he didn't believe me.

At That very moment; I realized he didn't give a fuck about me, he hadn't for a long time.

"I won't have you spreading rumors about the Gamma! You can't say things like that Layla! He's a very highly respected member of this pack! And obviously, you're not respected and you've made me look like a fool! Now everyone's going to think that my daughter is a little whore who lies about being raped, just to save face! "

I continuously sobbed.

"Why do you even keep me around?"

"You don't care about me! you sure as hell don't believe me!
And ever since you found your second chance mate, you have treated me like I didn't fucking exist!
That woman is a monster, she has abused me in so many ways!

"While you just looked the other way!"

"You are a worthless excuse for a father and a terrible fucking person!"

I had bottled up the sadness, anger, and hurt for so long, that I eventually just exploded and it landed on my father.

Suddenly his hand stung me across my face knocking me to the ground. A metallic taste of blood in my mouth surprised me.

He hit me so hard, that he caused me to bleed and he ended up splitting my lip.

I was in utter shock.

My father had never put his hands on me.
I sobbed uncontrollably and dashed out of the house shifting into my wolf and shredding my clothes,  I was headed into the woods.