Chapter 2

"The Vyas's wala Meet-Up"

" Meera, when you'll stop being clumsiest? You're going to be 27 in few months. And behave like a 7 old year kid. " Her mother, Tapasya Vyas said.

"Mom, let it be her like this no. We're already done making her understand this. Let his husband come and handle her. I bet you then also she'll keeping falling in his arms. " Dev said descending the stairs of the haul, keeping a coat hanging on his right arm.

" Yeah, your every talk, ends up on me getting married. Why do I have to even marry , mom? Can't i stay here forever?" Meera said, and whined while stomping her feet on the ground and popped in on the soft lustrous sofa placed in the middle of the haul.

" Correct, Meera. God save that person whom you'll marry. " Dev, once again, teased her to which she furiously took the cushion which was placed by her side, and directly thew it on Dev's face. But alas, it got hitted to the back of their mother. Meera quickly tunred and bent her head down, pretending to headed down.

" What's this? Why you, keep teasing her? When she's saying that she's not gonna marry? And you madam, stop ruining my home."Tapasya said, punching the arms of his son and saying Meera.

" Yeah, yeah beat me now. But still I'll be betting on this. This girl can never leave her clumsiness. ", Saying this he quickly grab the sandwitch which was kept on the dining table, stuffed it in his mouth, and at last taking the keys of his jaguar, moved out from the house.

" Why don't you complain to dad? I'll not marry." Meera said.

" Who's forcing you to marry?. Just wait for the right person to come. If you'll come to us and directly tell, that you're head over heels for him, then why will not we get you marry to him? " Her mother said. Her gaze were fixed on putting the plates back into the shelfs.

"Mom, but why we girls wait for somebody to come and make our life a la la land? Why don't the guys wait for somebody to come to their life? I know that guy's family will surely have expectations from me handling the whole family and i know that i won't be able to fulfill their expectations. I hate this concept of belittling the wives. And hence I've made the decision that I'll not go through that same patriarchal thoughts and situations in my life. No matter what, how much a family is modern, this mentality of women or wives being considered a little inferior to husbands can never subside. You see our family right? So much modern. Look at yourself, dad, dev and me. But still whenever dadi use to come here, she says only one thing. And that is, you doing all the chores for dad and she often even tries to belittle your profession. May be that's the reason of her protesting against me going to lodnon for study. Not everyone can have a love story like you and dad. "

Meera finally took a deep breadth and instantly released it in form of a tired sigh. Her eyes depicting the typical annoyance she's been suffering since years. Her eyebrows took the form of an uprise arch. While her elongated fingers were fidgeting with each other disclosing her old habit she practices whenever she's been put into this type of stressful situations.

" Beta, listen. It's true that not everyone get a fairytale lovestory. And fairytale lovestories don't even exist too. I and your dad have put our efforts to make this relationship work. We've already promised each other to support each other in every sphere of life. Lovestories fairytales nhi hoti, unhe banana padta hai. Understand? And start seeing everything with a positive approach. It's tru that this society is still been dominated by a patriarchal thought. But you have to face it Meera. Not here, but somewhere else. And dont go with assumptions. You'll also find a man, just like the man will be waiting for you. Matches are made in heaven. You'll find somebody who will not make you feel like less important, neglected, suppressive. Rather, he'll support you in your every step. Will be beside you in your each success. And hold your hand and wipe your tears when the situations will not be in your favour. And changes are going to take place through us. No body is going to tell you to bow down. And you'll not do that by yourself also. Keep you head high, guts strong. And be fiecive, strong and determined. Then only you can work on your thoughts beta. And at last, don't hold yourself back anywhere, because of all this. Love is not a predictable thing. Rather the most uncertain thing in this entire world. " Tapasya said and released the breadth she's been holding since so long. And looked towards her daughter who's gaze was fixed on the ground. Taking her chin between her index finger and thumb, she made her look into her eyes.

" Remember, nothing is as beautiful as love. And nothing is as helpless as love. Just believe on yourself and be self aware. Don't go with emotions too much, It'll make you blind , and similarly don't go with practicality too much, it'll make you ignorant. Always maintain a balance in everything. Aur cheezein humesha pehle se sudhari huyi nahi hoti, hume banani padti hai. "

She said and looked at her daughter who was staring at her with an unknown undecipherable emotions in her eyes. And soon, she felt herself being tightly embraced by Meera.

" Dev's wife will be so grateful to get you as her mother in law. I'm so so proud of you. All my life I've considered you my role model. My perfect lady. I love you mom. And I'm more than proud of you. " Meera said, tightly embracing her mother, who was caressing her head. While she wiped the moisture beneath her eyelids.

" You'll the get that Meeru. Just have faith on time. And yourself. All my life I've imagined of this moment when my children are proud of their parents. And now i got that. I can never be this grateful " Tapasya said, and she too wiped the lone tear that somehow escaped through the corner of her eyes. While she kissed the crown of her daughter's head.

How's the chapter? Vote and Comment

How's the chapter?
Vote and Comment.

Solace.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara