Chapter 13

Agastya was standing at the bar with Samrat and Vivian

Agastya was standing at the bar with Samrat and Vivian. While Meera was nowhere to be seen. Soon the ceremony was also going to take place. He doesn't know why but today she was really off. And his behaviour affected her that much, he doesn't have the idea. His eyes were lingering all over the person standing there but still those brown orbs girl wasn't seem to be present anywhere.

" For whom you're looking?", Vivian asked as he found his brother trying to find someone desparately.

" No one."

" Really? Your eyes aren't staying at one place, Agastya." Vivian replied but Agastya paid no heed to whatever he said.

Suddenly, a timid figure caught his attention and it turned out to be none other than Meera, who was standing by her mother. Her face was laced with several emotions among which only few could be deciphered, like anger? Vigilance? Hurt?

Did his behaviour affect her that much? He must be apologising her. With this thought he decided to apologise to her as soon as the engagement got over. While, Samrat and Vivian were looking at the centre of the backyard where, both the couple were going to exchange their rings.
And as they slid the rings around each other's finger, a loud applause echoed in the environment followed by several houtings. While Agastya s gaze for a moment shifted to that lady, who was now looking happy with a peaceful smile on her gaze.

He himself didn't know from when he started to think about people who are apart from his family. And this certain girl named Meera, was literally overpowering his sense. She was so intoxicating. From day one, his eyes darted over from here. Earlier it might be, her aura, her passion, and her persona but it's been 2 weeks, since they met. She was like a magnet who's attracting him towards her and the thing was that he himself was unaware of the fact.

 She was like a magnet who's attracting him towards her and the thing was that he himself was unaware of the fact

Meera was standing by the food court sipping down her lemonade. The elders were with the officially engaged couple. While Samrat was nowhere to be seen. He might left. Atleast that's what she thought.

But suddenly she felt a tug in her elbow. And in a spur of moment she was behind the food court.

"What happen?" Meera asked as soon she found Agastya beside her.

" You say, What has happened to you?"

" Me? From when you've started looking at me?" She said.

" Meera, Listen I'm sorry, for my last night behaviour. I've never been like this. I don't know what came over me, and I acted like a jerk."

"You indeed, are a jerk. Not let me go." She said and just as she turne, inec again, she was stopped by him.

" Don't ignore me. Okay. I'm saying sorry. " he said crooking his eyebrow

" If you say with this much attitude, I'll not accept your apology in hell too." She said.

" I'm .. I'm so..sorry. Okay. Is it fine now?" Agastya said after taking a deep long breadth to control his agitiation in front of this lady.

" Bahut dry- dry sa hai. But chal jayega." She said, uplifting her eyebrows and looked at him.

" Finally. But I literally, didn't think that my behaviour will affect you this much that you was this much angry since you enter this mansion." He further said, while coming out from behind the court along with Meera.

" It's fine. It wasn't totally because of you by the way. You're partial responsible." She said, and a frown took over his face.

" Okay." He said, not extending the matter much.

" I was asking, that by any means, Samrat is known to you? I mean are you guys friends?", Meera asked.

" Not as specific. But, I know him in professional field." Agastya said.

" Okay. It's okay. " She whispered.

" You know him?" Agastya asked looking at her side.

" Very welll..i i ..mean no. Just asking ", He whispered underneath her breadth but it was soon covered by her shuttered voice. Agastya, till now hasn't seen her behaving like this. I mean he knew she was super clumsy and can be childish too at some point but the confidence never flew away. And calm face of her. Now he got to see the aggressive Meera. And he can assume by now that she was so unlike him in this matter.  She was aggressive too in some sense while his personality was ackna nd cool one.

" Just don't say those words to me again, Agastya. I didn't get hurt much, but still they were very much hurting. Though I'm not your family, neither I'll be but still humanity is something we humans have. I said or advices all that just because of seeing aunty and uncle and everyone. Because though i haven't connected with you that much, but apart from you I've got connected so deeply with every family member. That's why I just said, that you shouldn't stay this much reserved or rude. But i guess, I was wrong at some point. Like might be you stay just whole opposite in your home. And as I'm a stranger so you couldn't share that bond with me. I too judged you. So apologies."  Meera finsihed and looked at Agastya who was looking at her. She again , shivered a little and felt goosebumps all over her body with such an intense gaze.

Why this person keeps looking at me with this much intensity. Noooo!!!

She averted her gaze, in anticipation while her fingers again started fidgeting with each other.

" I understand. Again, apologies. Without knowing your past and hardships, I too acted like a fool. So ya. " He said and she looked at him one last time.

" You both are here. Let's go. The elders are calling you for a family picture. " Smriti said coming towards them and breaking their moment while Meera nodded and went from there, but not before passing one last glance to Agastya.

Vote vote

Vote vote.