Chapter 40

These past 5 months have been a roller coaster ride for both Meera and Agastya

These past 5 months have been a roller coaster ride for both Meera and Agastya. They both were unknown about their upcoming future. And gradually, how they developed such strong feelings for each other, they themselves don't know. Agastya, after a lot of deliberation, finally decided to change himself, atleast try to do so to be with Meera. But Meera's actions and thoughts didn't align causing both of them immense pain.

Now it's been 1 week since that incident. After confessing Agastya soon, left her room and also left for his office making a excuse in front of his family. While Meera, was bottled up with immense guilt and regret. She knew about herself. She knew he might get hurt because of her nature. She wanted to tell him, express her feelings to him but that time it felt as if her voice has stucked somewhere. She couldn't gathered the courage to confess to him. His sudden confession left her bewildered. But now she can't backoff form what she had decided before. She had to go to States for her work. And tommorow she was leaving. It's not the case that in these 7 days she didn't try to contact Agastya. She did . Many times. But he never replied. Neither he saw her texts. She wasn't getting the idea how to contact him before her departure. Because she doesn't know whether she'll be coming back. It was a program of whole two years. And she was going to work on design projects more. So it'll be super hectic schedule for her.

Despite all this, own thought was continuously lingering in her mind. She realised that she literally have messed between professional and personal life. She realised that she has engrossed herself so much in her work life that apart from her parents and brother, no body had the permission to enter into those walls that she has created around herself. She realised that she was at fault and somewhere she had behave selfish with Agastya. Though it's  unknowingly. And now that feeling was continuously crawling up inside her chest. From past week she has not gotten peaceful sleep. Neither her appetite was working.

Again and again, her selfish nature, and Agastya's eyes showing that hurt and pain, was flashing in front of her eyes.
She tried a lot,  to contact him but in vein. She wanted to apologise. And convert her feelings too. But she wasn't able to do so.

And soon in these chaos the day passed in flinge of seconds. And finally the day came from her departure. Meera had denied her parents to accompany her to the airport. She decided to take her driver and from there she would to Agastya's office to meet him one last time.

Bidding bye to the family members she told the driver to followed the address that led her to Agastya's office. She knew this address. Agastya had told her that often he had to come to the management area of the hospital for meetings and all.. And finally she reached there. Her heart thumping so badly, her breath was uneven and an unknown fear crawled up inside her chest. But with determination, she headed towards his office and reached to the reception.

"Hello, I'm Meera Vyas. I wanted to meet Agastya Malhotra. Is he free right now?"
She asked the receptionist.

"Mam, do you have any appointment?" The receptionist asked her politely.

"I'm a family friend. Can you just call him and ask him to meet Meera Vyas once?" Meera aksed and the receptionist nodded and followed her words.

"Mam, sorry. But sir is busy with the Khetriwal Client's meeting. And the meeting is not going to end before 2:00 p.m. Morever Mr. Kejriwal's approval for the construction of new hospital is necessary. So anyone won't be able to connect him in the midst of the meeting." The receptionist said and gave her an apologetic look.

While Meera face feel upon hearing this. Because now it was 11:00. And she had to checkout at 12:00. Because at 2:00 pm was her flight time. But nevertheless, she nodded. And turned to depart from there. She was determined to meet him, but she wasn't willing to cause him any stress when such an important meeting was going on. So unwillingly, she left the office and came to her car.

Time passed by

Time passed by. And Meera got shifted to States. While Agastya got drown into upcoming charity events of his hospital, and got himself engaged in more work. Back to back surgeries and events. And the leftover time he used to spent in home with his family, and mostly Ruhi and Sindra. He knew Meera had came to visit him while departurinhg, but he was caught up in the meeting and moreover his anger and hurt was not allowing him to engage in any kind of conversation with Meera. Neither her attended her any call or message.

6 months later.

Gradually, those days turned into months and now it's been 6 months.  Freaking 6 months since none of them had contacted each other.
Though Meera was engaged in the designing program and her work but the thought of Agastya didn't get out from her heart and mind even for once in those 6 months. And now it was getting intolerant for her. She was not getting how to reach up to him. Because Agastya had completely blocked her off.

And for Agastya, no body could knew what was going on inside him. He was back to his older self. Work, Events, Surgeries and family. Then back to the same loop. Though Smriti asked him about Meera and his relation, but he quite swiftly changed the topic without even letting her know.

6 months passed and meera hadn't vist her home for once. But after 2 months there was her parents anniversary which she was not willing to miss. Moreover she wanted to amend the mistakes she did to some people. So without giving second thoughts, she booked her tickets, of the same day as of her parents anniversary. She was planning to give them surprise the same day. Like just a night before at 12. Followed by a great party the next day.