Chapter 39

" You're fine?" Agastya asked Meera who was in her room, standing near the balcony

" You're fine?" Agastya asked Meera who was in her room, standing near the balcony. He came to her room upon finding her wherebouts form Smriti. It's past evening the same day and most the relatives had already went away to the hotel, including buaji also. So it's only Malhotras and Vyas in Vyas mansion. From noon, Agastya didn't contact Meera neither he went to her. He was caught up with the recents happenings. And though until now he has been shifting this matter but now it was for his mental peace and clarification. Controlling his anger and hurt, he decided to talk to Meera directly about this and let's end this. He wasn't sure that he will be getting the time to talk to her after this. Meera's plan for abroad settlement and her tight schedule won't let me talk to her. And now is the time too. So without second guessing he moved towards Meera's room.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." Meera said looking at him in a casual tone but Agastya eyes were not fixtated on her. Neither he was seeming in a casual mood. His facial expressions were not reflecting a calm and composed Agastya.

"Ohaky. After our departure, take some rest." He said.

"Why you're so uncomfortable? Anything happened?" Meera asked and then he looked at her.

"Ya, I'd to talk about something." He said and she nodded.

"Wait, that aboard settlement thing, is troubling you right? I swear-"

"What you consider me at this point?"

His question cut off her sentence in the mid.

"Huh?" She was dumbfounded on his question. And Agastya facial expressions changed.

" Who am I to you, right now? A friend, more than friend, or something else?" He asked.

"Agastya, let's not talk about this right no-"

"You might have time. But my patience is getting exhausted. Answer me please." His tone was calm but determined and giving a slight indication of the inner turmoil going on inside him.

"Are you really shifting?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually I've applied there. And I got the acceptance letter yesterday. So." She replied.

"And you didn't find suitable to enlighten me about this?" He asked.

"I was so caught up with work. I'm so sorry -"

"I'm a bloody surgeon. I save lives. I have to stay in hospital 24×7. And we can't take leaves. Even if we take we can be called anytime. But still, everytime I've tried to make time for you. " his words clear and short. Now the anger was overpowering him.

"We had confessed that day. You said, you'll try, you'll wait. But all I'm getting to see nothing but a casual and non caring behaviour. Tell me everything now. I want a clarification. " he said looking straight into her eyes while she was spellbounded. What should she say? She knew this was coming. And that day she let her emotions overpower her. That's she prefers to not become too attached or emotional to anyone. Because her nature will hurt those people atlast.