Part 2 | When you're insecure about your scars(Re-edited) | KTH

A tremor ran through you as you shifted in your sleep, the familiar warmth beside you replaced by a chilling emptiness. Disoriented, you fluttered your eyelids open, expecting to be met by the sight of Taehyung's peacefully sleeping face. But the space beside you lay bare, the sheets cool and undisturbed.

A frown creased your brow, a flicker of disappointment dancing in your eyes. Every morning began the same way – waking up a touch earlier than him, stealing a few precious moments to simply admire the man you loved. You'd watch the way his chest rose and fell with each gentle breath, the faint morning light catching in his hair, turning it into a halo.

The silence in the room pressed in on you, heavy and unfamiliar. You missed the soft symphony of his morning snores, the way he mumbled incoherently when he first woke up. A pout tugged at your lips, a silent protest at this unexpected change in your routine.

Where had he gone? 

Disappointment melted away like morning mist as the bedroom door creaked open. Taehyung entered, a vision in the soft morning light, carrying a tray that sent a delicious aroma wafting through the room.

"Good morning, honey," he chirped, his voice as bright and cheerful as the first rays of dawn.

A smile bloomed on your face, chasing away the shadows of loneliness. "Good morning, Tae," you replied, your voice tinged with a hint of surprise.

He placed the tray on the nightstand, its contents a masterpiece of fresh fruit, golden pancakes, and steaming coffee. Each bite a promise of a delicious start to your day, but it was the sight of him, his hair slightly mussed, a sleepy smile playing on his lips, that truly warmed your heart.

"Did you prepare this?" you inquired, your eyes widening in delight as they scanned the mouthwatering spread.

Taehyung nodded, a hint of sheepishness coloring his handsome face. He pressed his lips together in a thin line, the picture of a man caught red-handed.

The realization dawned on you. He'd noticed your pout, felt your silent disappointment at his absence. A wave of love washed over you, warm and comforting like a summer breeze.

"Oh, Tae," you breathed, your voice thick with emotion. You reached out, pulling him into a hug so tight you could almost feel his heartbeat against yours.

He chuckled, the sound low and rich, a familiar melody that resonated deep within you. He hugged you back, his arms encircling your waist, holding you close. 

You pulled back from the embrace, but his grip on your waist remained, a gentle anchor in a world of uncertainty. He leaned in, his eyes sparkling with mischief and love.

The gentle brush of his thumb against your cheek sent shivers cascading down your spine. He leaned back, his gaze holding yours captive. The morning light, filtering through the window, painted his features in a soft glow, highlighting the love that radiated from his eyes.

With a tenderness that left you breathless, he placed a kiss on your forehead. The simple act spoke volumes, a love story written in a single touch.

"Happy anniversary, angel," he murmured, his voice a husky caress.

The word "angel" was new, a sweet surprise that sent a blush creeping up your cheeks. It was a testament to the way he saw you, a perfect being worthy of his love.

A radiant smile bloomed on your face, chasing away the last vestiges of sleep. "Happy anniversary to you too, Taebear," you countered, your voice dripping with playful affection.

The nickname, a silly endearment born from the early days of your love story, brought a chuckle to his lips. It was a secret language, a code shared between two hearts forever intertwined.