when he misses her (Part 8) | KTH

Tears streamed down your face, hot and relentless, as you clung to Taehyung's embrace. The dam had finally broken, releasing a torrent of pent-up emotions that had been churning within you for far too long. Your body wracked with sobs, each one a silent scream of betrayal and heartache.

Taehyung held you tightly, his own heart a clenched fist in his chest. He whispered soothing words into your ear, his voice a gentle anchor in the storm raging within you. "Shhh," he murmured, his touch feather-light against your hair. "Cry it all out, Y/n. Let it go. I'm here for you. I won't let go."

His words, laced with a newfound empathy and love, were a balm to your wounded soul. You clung to him, seeking solace in the warmth of his embrace, the familiar scent of his cologne a bittersweet reminder of the life you almost lost.

Slowly, with each shuddering breath, the intensity of your sobs began to wane. The storm within you subsided, leaving behind a trail of raw vulnerability and a flicker of hope.

After what felt like an eternity, you pulled back slightly, wiping away the tears that stained your cheeks. Your eyes, red-rimmed and puffy, met his. A silent plea for understanding hung in the air.

Taehyung saw the raw pain etched on your face, a reflection of his own colossal mistake. He cupped your tear-stained cheek in his hand, his touch sending a jolt of electricity through you.

"Come here," he murmured gently, guiding you back onto the couch. He stood for a moment, then carefully fetched a glass of water, his movements quiet and deliberate.

"Here," he said, kneeling before you and handing you the glass. "Take a sip. You need to be hydrated."

You took a small sip, the cool water a welcome relief against the dryness in your throat. He watched you intently, his gaze filled with a desperate need to understand, to atone.

Once you finished the water, he took your hand in his, his touch warm and comforting. "Y/n," he began, his voice thick with emotion, "please, tell me what's bothering you. Everything. I can't fix what I don't know. Let me listen. Let me try to make things right, even if it means spending the rest of my life proving how much you mean to me."

His words were a sincere plea, a promise whispered on the wind. You looked into his eyes, searching for any hint of deceit, any flicker of the arrogance that had driven you away. But all you saw was remorse, a genuine desire to understand the depth of your pain.

Tears welled up in your eyes again, threatening to spill over once more. "It wasn't just the betrayal, Taehyung," you choked out, your voice thick with unshed tears. "It was the... the hope. This was supposed to be different. It was my first birthday together, and I... I wanted it to be perfect."

Your voice trembled as you spoke, the image of yourself getting dressed up with meticulous care, the delicious food simmering on the stove, all a desperate attempt to create a special memory. But the memory that played on repeat in your mind was an empty chair, a silent room, and a crushing disappointment that settled in your heart like a lead weight.

"I waited for you, Taehyung," you whispered, your voice barely audible. "I waited all day, hoping you'd come home, that we'd celebrate together. But..."

Your voice trailed off, the unspoken words hanging heavy in the air. Taehyung watched you, his face pale, a dawning horror creeping into his eyes as he finally began to understand the true depth of his actions.

"And then," you continued, your voice cracking with emotion, "I heard it. I heart you saying... saying 'I love you' to Hani's photo in balcony."

The words ripped through you like a knife, the sound of his supposed love for another woman shattering the fragile hope you had so desperately clung to. A sob escaped your lips, a raw and guttural sound that echoed in the room.