when he misses her Final | KTH

The familiar turn onto your street brought a wave of emotions crashing over you. It had once been a source of comfort, a symbol of your shared life. Now, it held the tentative promise of a new beginning.

Taehyung pulled into the driveway, a comfortable silence settling between you. As you both stepped out of the car, his hand brushed against yours, sending a familiar jolt of electricity through you. He hesitated for a moment, then surprised you by intertwining his fingers with yours.

The warmth of his touch sent a blush creeping up your cheeks. It was a simple gesture, yet it felt like a bridge being built between you, a tentative offering of the connection you almost lost.

"It looks different, doesn't it?" you murmured, your voice barely audible as you looked at the house you once called yours, now truly your home.

He squeezed your hand gently. "It does," he agreed, his voice laced with a quiet hope. "But it can be ours again, Y/n. Different, but ours."

His words resonated deep within you, a promise whispered on the wind. You weren't sure what the future held, but you knew you wanted to face it with him, hand in hand.

Reaching the doorstep, Taehyung fumbled with his keys, a nervous tremor evident in his movements. As the door swung open, revealing the familiar yet slightly altered interior, a wave of nostalgia hit you.

Memories flickered in your mind - the small talks shares between you two echoing down the hallway, the goodbye kisses in the living room, quiet dinner in dining room. They were bittersweet, tinged with the pain of the past, yet also holding a glimmer of the love you were rediscovering.

As you stepped inside, a warm embrace suddenly enveloped you from behind. Taehyung's arms wrapped around you, his hold both familiar and comforting. It was a silent apology, a silent promise, a silent declaration - a love story being rewritten, one embrace at a time.

You leaned back into his embrace, the warmth of his chest a comforting anchor in the sea of emotions you were navigating. A single tear, glistening like a tiny diamond, escaped your eye and traced a path down your cheek. It wasn't a tear of sadness, a harsh realization in the aftermath of the storm. No, this was a tear of hope, a tear for the future you were about to build together, brick by fragile brick.

Taehyung, ever attuned to the silent language of your emotions, felt the tremor that ran through you. He released his hold slightly, his worried eyes searching yours. "Y/n?" he asked, his voice laced with a gentle concern that tugged at your heartstrings. "What's wrong?"

His question hung in the air, a beacon cutting through the comfortable silence. You looked up at him, his face etched with concern mirroring your own vulnerabilities. Taking a shaky breath, you reached up, brushing away the stray tear that clung to your cheek.

"It's nothing," you whispered, your voice barely audible. The truth, the raw vulnerability of your emotions, threatened to overwhelm you.

But Taehyung wouldn't be easily swayed. He cupped your face in his hands, his warm touch sending shivers down your spine. His thumbs gently stroked your cheek, wiping away the remaining evidence of your silent tear.

"Y/n, please," he pleaded, his voice husky with a mix of concern and a nascent hope. "Look at me. Please tell me. What's wrong?"

His words, a gentle plea for honesty, resonated deep within you. You couldn't hide behind a facade anymore, not with him. With a trembling breath, you met his gaze, the honesty in your eyes mirroring his own.

"It's just..." you began, your voice catching in your throat. "It's a tear of hope, Taehyung. A tear for the future we're going to build together."

A flicker of surprise, followed by a wave of relief, washed over his features. He pulled you into a tight embrace, his arms a safe harbor against the storm you'd both weathered.