When he accepts your child (Final) | KTH

Having a conversation about your unconventional family wasn't easy. Mustering your courage, you decided to tackle it head-on, starting with your own family. You invited your parents over for dinner, a familiar nervous knot tightening in your stomach as they sat across from you at the table.

After a tense silence filled with polite conversation about the weather, you finally blurted it out. "Mom, Dad," you began, your voice trembling slightly, "there's something I need to tell you about Jinyoung's teacher, Taehyung."

You explained everything, from the initial awkwardness of the PTM, to Taehyung's unwavering support, and finally, the bombshell - Jinyoung calling him Dad. Your parents listened patiently, their expressions unreadable throughout your narration. The silence that followed your confession felt deafening.

Just when you thought they might remain silent forever, your father spoke. "So, you're saying Taehyung's become... family?" he asked, his voice surprisingly calm.

You nodded, your heart pounding in your chest. "Yes, in a way. We care about each other, and he's become a very important part of Jinyoung's life."

Your mother cleared her throat. "It's certainly... unexpected," she admitted, her voice laced with a hint of skepticism. "But Jinyoung seems happy."

That was all you needed. "He is," you confirmed, a wave of relief washing over you. "He absolutely adores Taehyung."

Your parents exchanged a look, a silent conversation passing between them. Finally, your mother reached out and squeezed your hand.

"We just want you to be happy, y/n," she said softly. "And if Taehyung makes you and Jinyoung happy, then that's all that matters."

Tears welled up in your eyes. You hadn't expected such acceptance, but their words filled you with a warmth that spread through you. The conversation wasn't perfect, there were still questions and uncertainties, but there was also a newfound understanding, a willingness to accept your unconventional family dynamic.

Talking to Taehyung's family proved to be a different story altogether. The air in his childhood home felt thick with tension as you sat stiffly on the couch opposite his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Their expressions were unreadable, a stark contrast to the warmth you'd felt with your own parents.

Taehyung, his hand resting reassuringly on yours, took a deep breath. "Mom, Dad," he began, his voice betraying a hint of nervousness, "we wanted to talk to you about something important."

Mrs. Kim pursed her lips, a flicker of disapproval crossing her features. "Go on, Taehyung," she said, her voice clipped.

Taehyung cleared his throat, then launched into an explanation of your unconventional family dynamic. He spoke of your initial meeting, the challenges you'd faced, and the unwavering support he'd found in you. He spoke of Jinyoung, his voice softening as he described the boy's infectious laughter and bright smile.

"And then," he continued, his gaze meeting his parents' for the first time since he'd begun speaking, "Jinyoung called me Dad. It was unexpected, but it... it felt right."

A heavy silence descended upon the room. Mr. Kim finally spoke, his voice gruff. "Dad? Taehyung, you're his teacher, not his..." he trailed off, searching for the right words.

"Father figure," you offered gently, your voice barely a whisper. "That's what he's become for Jinyoung, and for me, in a way."

Mrs. Kim shook her head, a frown etching lines on her forehead. "But Taehyung, this is... unconventional. What will people say?"

Taehyung's jaw clenched slightly, but his voice remained firm. "Mom, Jinyoung's happiness is what matters most. We all care about each other, and we're trying to build a family, the best way we know how."