when he misses her (part 6) | KTH

Your mother, a beacon of calm amidst the swirling storm of emotions, greeted Taehyung at the door. A warm smile, strained at the edges, played on her lips. "Taehyung," she said, her voice a gentle melody in the tense silence. "Come in, come in."

Taehyung bowed deeply, his head hanging with a mixture of shame and desperate hope. "Hello, Mom, how have you been?" he rasped, the word thick with unspoken apologies. "Thank you for letting me see Y/n."

"It's long overdue," your mother replied, her gaze holding his for a beat too long. She ushered him inside, her hand hovering on his shoulder for a moment, a silent plea for understanding. "I've haven't been well, the obvious reason. Hare you, dear? You look like you haven't slept in days."

"I haven't," he admitted, his voice heavy. "I haven't been able to think straight since..." he trailed off, unable to voice the pain he had inflicted.

A sigh escaped your mother's lips, a sound that spoke volumes. "We all have," she said softly. "But honestly, Taehyung," her voice firmed slightly, "It wouldn't be much better if you two just talked things out. All this silence is doing neither of you any good. It's eating you both alive."

Her words were a pointed reminder of the chasm that had opened between you, a gaping wound that silence had only served to fester. Shame burned in Taehyung's eyes as he nodded mutely, his throat tight with the unspoken apology he yearned to express.

"I'll give you two some privacy," your mother continued, offering a small, knowing smile. "I'm going to visit next door for a cup of tea and a bit of gossip. You both take your time." Her eyes flickered at Taehyung, a silent plea for reconciliation hanging in the air. With a gentle pat on his shoulder, she stepped out the door, closing it softly behind her.

The sudden quiet intensified the tension in the room. Taehyung stood frozen for a moment, his eyes glued to your form across the living room. You stood by the couch, your back turned slightly, your posture rigid with suppressed emotions. The air crackled with unspoken words, a storm brewing on the horizon of your relationship.

He took a deep breath, the sound echoing loudly in the stillness. Slowly, tentatively, he began to walk towards you, each step a silent plea for forgiveness. You turned then, your face a canvas of conflicting emotions. Hurt flickered in your eyes, a storm cloud threatening to unleash a torrent of tears. But beneath the anger, a flicker of something else remained - a flicker of the love that still burned, embers glowing beneath the ashes of betrayal.

Your eyes met his, and in that shared gaze, a lifetime of unspoken words hung heavy in the air. The silence stretched on, a tightrope walk between past and future, between love and loss. Taehyung knew he had a lot to explain, a mountain of trust to rebuild. But as he looked into your eyes, a sliver of hope ignited within him. The path ahead wouldn't be easy, but for the first time in a week, he wasn't facing it alone.

Taehyung's steps echoed on the hardwood floor, each one a thud against the deafening silence in the room. He stopped in front of you, close enough to feel the tremor in your breath, the warmth of your unspoken anger radiating off you like waves.

He looked at you, your eyes a storm brewing behind a veil of hurt. "Y/n," he began, his voice a rasp, "you look... pale. Are you alright?"

The concern in his voice, laced with a hint of desperation, sent a fresh wave of anger crashing through you. Taehyung reached out a hand, his fingers hovering hesitantly in the air before retracting. "Can we... can we talk?" he pleaded, his voice cracking with vulnerability.

You remained silent, your gaze fixed on a point beyond him, the memories of his betrayal playing on a loop in your mind. The pain was raw, a gaping wound that his words seemed powerless to heal.