The CEO and his love | KTH

The fluorescent lights buzzed overhead, casting a sterile glow on the towering skyscrapers visible through your office window. Rain lashed against the glass, a relentless drumming that seemed to echo the frantic rhythm of your heart. Across the mahogany desk, Kim Taehyung, CEO of Kim Enterprises, tapped his pen impatiently. You, his ever-reliable secretary for the past two years, shuffled through a stack of reports, cheeks burning under his intense gaze. 

Two years. Two years of stolen glances across the desk, of butterflies erupting in your stomach whenever his fingers brushed yours as he handed you a document. Two years of meticulously keeping your emotions in check, of reminding yourself that he was the CEO, and you, well, you were Lee Y/N, his secretary.

"Lee Y/N," his voice, a low rumble, sent shivers down your spine. You looked up, tongue tripping over your words, "M-Mr. Kim?"

"The presentation for the Thompson merger needs an overhaul," he said, frustration evident in the way his brow furrowed. His sharp eyes scanned the document in your hand, then flicked back to your face. "The data seems outdated. Can you get me the latest quarterly reports?"

"Y-yes, sir," you stammered, scrambling to hide your fluster. Your fingers fumbled with the keyboard, the familiar layout suddenly a confusing mess. "I apologize, Mr. Kim. I thought I had everything updated."

A hint of amusement softened his features. "Don't worry about it, Y/N. These things happen. Just get me what I need, and I'll take a look at it myself." He leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers. "Why don't you take a five-minute break? Get yourself some coffee. We'll be here for a while."

Hours melted away as you meticulously revised the presentation. The clock struck midnight, the only sound your rapid typing and the rhythmic drumming of rain against the window. Exhaustion gnawed at you, but the thought of facing Mr. Kim in the morning with an incomplete task spurred you on. You double-checked every figure, every graph, the silence of the office broken only by the insistent hum of your computer and the occasional rumble of thunder.

A sudden, deafening crack of thunder split the night, followed by a complete blackout. The room plunged into darkness, the only light the faint glow of your computer monitor dying in its wake. You yelped, a startled cry escaping your lips. The silence that followed was amplified by your racing heart. In the inky blackness, you fumbled for your phone, desperate for a sliver of light.

"Mr. Kim?" your voice trembled, barely a whisper in the vast silence. The question hung in the air, unanswered for a beat too long. Had he even heard you? Panic gnawed at the edges of your composure. Just as you were about to call out again, a soft chuckle broke the tension.

"Here," he replied, a flicker of amusement in his voice that sent a strange warmth through you in the otherwise cold night. The faint glow of his phone screen illuminated his face, casting long shadows across his sharp features. He held the phone up higher, bathing the room in an ethereal, blue light. "Thank goodness," you breathed, relief washing over you. "I thought I was all alone."

A wry smile played on his lips. "Seems like we're stuck here together, Y/N." He gestured around the darkened room. "Power's out. Looks like we might be here for a while."

Panic surged through you. Stuck with Mr. Kim, all alone? Your cheeks burned hotter than ever. You stole a glance at him, his face obscured by the shadows. His voice, when he spoke again, was softer, gentler than you were accustomed to hearing from him in the professional setting.

"Relax, Y/N," he said. "It's not the end of the world." He gestured to his office couch, a large, inviting expanse of plush leather. "Why don't you get some rest? We'll figure things out in the morning."