Mission

The dark immortal had plotted a plan. His red and black eyes swirled with delight. He was going to figure out who the 'son' of Chaos was. It was going to be his ticket to rule. He was building power on earth. Bidding his time as his pawns grew in strength, adding some fuel to the fire. And right now, he found another place that he could easily manipulate.

The planet was already on the brink of war, and he wanted to see what this new commander could do. So, he made his plan. Manipulating in the shadows to draw out his prey.

~

The ground shook as fire flew through the air faster than some of the warriors could blink. A wall of earth came up and blocked the attack. There was a crowd forming in the outdoor training area.

Percy ducked to the side as Chaos appeared behind him slashing in a downward arch. Percy vanished and appeared beside him swinging his dual swords, which Chaos blocked with his own sword. They continued in this power match for another 30 minutes. Each seeming to be fighting to kill. A few nicks would appear here and there but would heal before another appeared.

Percy swept his foot out as Chaos stepped back, breathing hard. Both had sweat dripping down their faces. The act of fighting physically mixed with using their powers was draining. With one strong flap of his wings Percy pushed forward, forcing Chaos to choose to go on the offensive or defend himself.

Chaos flashed away again, only to reappear 50 yards away shooting an arrow at his opponent. Percy quickly back flipped out of the way. Sending water flying at the creator's face. Finding its mark. In his second of blurred vision, Percy was instantly behind Chaos, knife pressed against his throat.

Silence filled the air. "Do you yield?" Percy huffed out. Chaos didn't move, "yes." Percy instantly took the knife away from his throat.

Cheers erupted from the crowd as the match ended. It was their favorite part of the day. The army loved to watch Chaos and Percy train together. The two were a force of chaos, no pun intended. They would appear and vanish together. The 4 elements would be mixed with the power of creation or themselves, both deadly. It was a sight to see for sure.

Chaos turned to Percy. "Excellent! I was struggling to keep up!"

Luke walked over and gave Percy a slap on the back, "yeah, training this one does that to you Chaos. One second you are training then the next getting whooped in the butt. Also, congratulations! You guys managed to destroy the whole arena this time!"

"Sorry about that." Percy said while blushing slightly. Chaos just snapped his fingers and the place looked as it did before.

"Okay, take the rest of the day off boys. I have to go back to work." Dreading the paperwork that was stacking itself on his desk about problems across the universe. Chaos was walking into the palace when Percy ran up beside him.

"Any updates?" Referring to earth. It had been 4 months since Percy arrived.

"Besides increased monster attacks there haven't been any changes. I found a trace of dark energy when I investigated Zeus' palace, but it had faded a good bit, and I can't get a good enough reading on it to find a source. Zeus seems to be back to his normal self. His anger is no longer pushing for control. If I don't find anything in the coming weeks, then I think you can return. You are starting to challenge me during our sessions so you can handle the gods if they decide to give you a hard time." Chaos said smirking, knowing of the pain Percy tried to hide from being away from his home for so long. Percy nodded, his thoughts going to camp... to Annabeth.

"And we seem to have another problem. Planet #473 has broken out in a national war. I have already sent some warriors there to help try and keep peace, but they just reported this morning that national war was declared."