Drained

Chaos stared at his son in disbelief. 'That language... I've heard it once before but where?' His shock only grew as he realized what Percy had just done. Order was gone. His aura was gone completely, he felt nothing, as if he never existed.

'How did he just do that, how was it even possible that he was here.' His attention was drawn back to Percy, he looked okay, but he grew nervous when he seemed to fall a few feet in the air. He was about to mind-message him when he was interrupted. 'Chaos, w-want to play catch?' He heard Percy say before he began falling fast.

Chaos cursed before focusing on the air around him and controlling it. Luke's voice filled his mind, but he cut him off, 'I've got him.'

He caught him halfway and then lowered him the rest safely. The wound to his side had mostly healed and he was able to take him in his arms easily. He bent to his knees as he lowered him down to the ground gently. Looking over him for injury. He couldn't find anything other than the stains of blood from what had happened earlier.

Chaos had his hand on one of his shoulders. Percy's breaths were even but a little shallow; the same state he had seen him many times before. He had just used too much of his power and it drained him. Chaos closed his eyes and pushed some of his own power back into his son, too nervous from the day's events to trust that was the only problem. Exhaustion was now filling his own body.

Percy stirred before groaning. "Percy? Can you hear me?"

"Yeah..." His voice a little rough but strong and relaxed. Percy opened his eyes to find his father looking at him in fear, unease and concern. He sat up slowly, wings ruffling. Chaos' hand on his back for support. He found himself shoved against his father's chest in a hug and he returned it with all his remaining strength.

"Perce... you..." Chaos' voice caught in his throat and he couldn't say anything else as tears fell down his face. The emotions flowing through him were too much. He only grasped the boy in his arms tighter. Running his hands through his hair and breathing in his smell.

Percy sank into the warmth as he felt the cold from earlier begin to fill him again. His head was pounding, and he still felt a slight pinch where the dagger had sunk into his flesh. Tears began falling as the fear from the experience caught up with him. The adrenaline coursing through his body was fading fast. Chaos held tighter, rubbing his hand along the boys back. The moment was heavy and quiet. They sat like that for a minute or two, both ignoring the distant remnants of the battle.

Percy forced himself to calm down and deal with this later as he began to shiver faintly. Chaos sensed his discomfort and pulled back, looking at him with worry filled eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, I promise. Just a lingering effect..." he trailed off. Chaos only looked more concerned as Percy began to stand with his help. He was about to insist when he was interrupted by Luke and Annabeth bursting through the trees.

"Percy!" Both yelling as they run over to their friend.

Luke looked downright terrified and gathered his brother in his arms as if he was about to leave again. He was crying again, and Percy had tears still in his eyes as well. Annabeth watched in confusion... She looked to Chaos, who in turn, was still looking at Percy like he was seeing a ghost. "Um, am I missing something? What are you guys not telling me?"

Chaos glanced at her then back to Percy. Said person pulled slightly away from Luke's unrelenting embrace and locked eyes with her.

"Annabeth... um..." He looked away. His mind filling with his most recent memories. 'I might throw up...' He thought to himself. He didn't want to tell her, but he had to. 'Yeah, I really might get sick.' Luke never let go of him, giving silent encouragement.