2 : Chapter 5

"shut up!" Megatron said and threw Sam onto a stone slab. Sam groaned in pain and was about to get up but Megatron grabbed his arms and locked him on the slab.

I couldn't do much, if I fight now I'll die right away. I have to wait for Optimus, or else only fight when it's a real danger. "It feels good to grab your flesh! I am going to kill you! Slowly, painfully. But first, we have some delicate work to do" Megatron said slowly.

"Ah, wait wait wait!" Sam grunted as Megatron held his arms tighter. Any tighter and it break off. "How I could snap your limbs off! Doctor, examine this alien specimen" Megatron ordered.

A microscope beside the table transformed into a tiny robot with 6 legs. I walked to the edge of the stairs where Mikaela and Leo was watching everything happening.

The doctor started examining Sam, and called a worm like robot to assist him. I couldn't see much behind Megatron but by Mikaela and Leo's reaction, it was something gross.

What I did see where ancient cybertronian symbols written out holographicly by the doctor, and a video of Mikaela. "These symbols can lead us to the Energon source" Megatron said. "We must have the brain! On the table! Chop chop!" The doctor said.

I quickly ran down the stairs to see what's happening. "Brain? What does he mean by- by my brain?" Sam asked scared. "Well, you have something on your mind, something I need" Megatron explained.

"Hold on. I- I know you're pissed. I know you're pissed. Because I tried to kill you and, and it's completely understandable. Somebody tried to kill me, I'd be upset, too. I... think that we have an opportunity here to start anew and... and develop our relationship and see where it leads us, okay? So, you just call Doctor Inspector off and let's just talk for five seconds! Wait, wait, wai-" Sam said his voice muffled as the doctor opened his mouth and nose.

The doctor suddenly opened a cutter from his hand I quickly turned on my gun and blasted him off Sam. The doctor got blown out to the back and Megatron looked angry.

But just then, Optimus came in crashing through the roof. And Bumblebee smashed through the wall behind us. Megatron started shooting everywhere. "Run!" I shouted to Mikaela and Leo before transforming to bot mode myself.

I ran with Bumblebee following Mikaela and Leo, still shooting as many shots as possible towards Megatron and Starscream before running out with them.

Bumblebee and I transform into cars, but I was too badly hurt for them to be inside me, so Mikaela and Leo went in Bumblebee.

We drove away from the building just as Megatron flew out of the building. I followed Bumblebee to call the other members of the team.

We reached a wider road where we meet up with Ironhide, Ratchet, and a few others. We quickly drove towards the forest where Optimus Prime must've been.

When suddenly all the decepticons came out of the forest. We all quickly transformed into bot mode and prepared our weapons. The decepticons stared at us for a while before flying off. Why weren't they fighting us? Oh no.. Something must've happened to Optimus...

I quickly transformed into a dragon and flew up above the trees into the forest, followed by the others. We were pretty deep in but the sky was still bright and clear. I started seeing fallen trees and the ground was messy. I'm starting to worry even more. I really hope it's not what I think happe-

My wings and feet has gone numb with the view bellow. I fall quickly but managed to get balance as I land on the ground.
Optimus's body lay lifeless in the middle of the forest. His chest has a hole and a still slightly hot metal from a blast.

It can't be? Why does he have to die like this! I should've just followed him in the forest. I should've just fight Megatron myself. I should've been the one to protect Sam...

I lowered my head as the thoughts ran through. There was a lot I could've done to prevent this... I slowly moved my wings on his hand. It was cold and didn't move. I sighed slowly before standing up again.

...

Were going to get Optimus's body back to base. We can't leave him lying out here in the middle of the forest. And me being the only one to fly, I'll have to carry him.

I looked up incase theres any vehicles I could scan. But there was none, and the strongest form I have now is the dragon.

I flew up as the others attached the ropes. They gave the signal, meaning it's clear to go. I flew up a higher and higher, until he's already over the clouds.

I fly towards the New Jersey NEST base. The others going alone from the ground since they have to follow the road. I still kept blaming myself all the way there. I just couldn't think of anything else...

Optimus was a little heavy and it was quite long to the base but I managed to go there. I lowered Optimus down slowly to the ground. Before releasing the ropes and landing. I transformed back into a bot and landed near the others who had just transformed.

Suddenly cars started coming from everywhere and men holding weapons pointed at us. Only Lennox's group didn't have a weapon and he looked around in shock at what the others were doing.

All the bots prepared their weapons and faced it at the humans. "What is the meaning of this?" Sideswipe said. "You dare point a gun at me? You want a piece of me? I will tear you apart!" Ironhide threatened.

The soldiers keeps telling us and the other soldiers to drop our weapons. I wasn't preparing any, those tiny bullets has no effect on me. Well unless if I'm injured, but I didn't want them to think any worse. I was one of them after all.

I see Galloway hopped off his car to see Lennox. "Your NEST team is deactivated, Major. You are to cease anti-Decepticon operations and return to Diego Garcia pending further orders" Galloway informed him.

"No, we take our orders directly from Chairman Morshower, sir" Lennox said. "Well, I'll see your Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and I will raise you a President of the United States. I have operational command now. An alien blood feud has been brought to our shores for which our soldiers are paying the price. The secret is out! This is our war now. And we will win it as we always have, with a coordinated military strategy" Galloway replied.

"This fool is terribly misinformed" Ratchet said. "You're gonna need every asset that you've got" Lennox told Galloway. "What we need is to draw up battle plans while we explore every possible diplomatic solution" Galloway said. I scoffed, if even THE Optimus Prime can't defeat him, what chances do they have?

"Like what, handing over the kid?" Lennox said. "All options are being considered" Galloway replied. "Whatever the Decepticons are after, this is just the start" Graham commented. "There is no negotiating with them" I added.

"You have no right to speak with me (Galloway pointed at me), and you (he pointed at Lennox) I'm ordering you to stand down. You won't be needing this anymore. Get your assets back to base! And take that pile of scrap metal back to Diego Garcia. Let's go!"
Galloway said and went back on his vehicle and drove away.

There was a little silence before one of the officers called out. "Autobots, report to hangar for transport". The autobots and I looked at each other. "Ironhide, we should leave this planet" Ratchet said. "no!" I said right automatically, not realising it. But it caught all their attention. "That's not what Optimus would want. Here or not he's still our leader" I said, getting myself back.

I looked at Optimus's body and sighed. What will we do without him? What will I do without him?