2 : Chapter 8

We felt sand and something pushing us upwards. Suddenly we were thrown up into the sky. I heard lots of shouting, and Bumbkebee's electronic squeals.

I crashed on sand and rolled a bit before stopping on a rock.. Oof.. It was really hot here. Where are we? I sat up to look around. We're in a desert or some sort..

Bumblebee was laying tired next to me and Sam was just across him. Simmons rolled down a hill. Ouch that must be painful, but who cares. I see Jetfire on a cliff and the twins? Where'd they come from?

I stand up to help Bumblebee. Before I even reached out my hand he jumps up himself. "wohoo! That was awesome!" he squealed. I chuckled.

"Sam!" I heard Mikaela shout. "Where are we? Simmons!" Sam called out. "Hey! Yeah!" Simmons shouted with a sligytly excited tone.

We walked up to where Jetfire was. Everyone was here. Mikaela helped bandage Sam's hurt hand. While Simmons was complaining to Jetfire. "That really, really hurt. You're just lucky that I didn't get hurt. People could have gotten killed, okay? And if I would have gotten hurt, you would have heard from my at-"

"Oh, shut up. I told you I was opening a space bridge. It's the fastest way to travel to Egypt" Jetfire cut him. "When did you... when did you tell us? You didn't tell us anything. You didn't tell us anything. Why are we in Egypt?" Sam asked with a loud annoyed tone.

"Don't you get snippy with me, fleshling! You were duly informed!" Jetfire said and sat down. "Can you just stop for a second? Can you focus? Can you tell us why we're in Egypt so we can all have a little bit of semblance of peace of mind?" Sam asked again.

"This planet was visited by our race once before, by our earliest ancestors, a millennium ago. They were on an exploratory mission to harvest Energon, the lifeblood of our race. Without it, we'll all perish, oxidize and rust, like my wretched self! Do you have any idea what it's like to slowly fall apart and die?" Jetfire replied in a hugh tone. I felt bad for him, but what can I do?

"Let's not get episodic, okay? Old-timer? Beginning. Middle. End. Facts. Details. Condense. Plot. Tell it" Sam said. "Somewhere buried in this desert, our ancestors built a great machine. It harvests Energon... by destroying suns" Jetfire begin to explain.

"Destroy suns?" Sam asked. "You mean blow them up?" Leo asked too. "You two better be quiet if you even wany to hear the explanation" I told them. "Yes. You see, in the beginning, there were seven Primes, our original leaders. And they set out into the universe, seeking distant suns to harvest. The Primes set out with one rule. Never destroy a planet with life. Until one of them tried to defy this rule. And his name forevermore was... the Fallen" Jetfire explained, his hand makes a holographic version of The Fallen and the machine.

"He despised the human race and he wanted to kill you all by turning on that machine. The only way to activate it is with a legendary key called the Matrix of Leadership" Jetfire explained again and a swirly looking device was in the middle of 7 primes. But got taken by the Fallen. He growls and a battle scene begins.

"A great battle took place over possession of the Matrix. The Fallen was stronger than his brothers, so they had no choice but to steal... and hide it from him. In the ultimate sacrifice, they gave their lives to seal the Matrix away in a tomb made of their very own bodies, a tomb we cannot find. Somewhere, buried in this desert, that- deadly machine remains. The Fallen knows where it is and if he finds the tomb of the Primes, your world will be no more" Jetfire explained.

"Okay, so how do we stop him?" Mikaela asked. "Only a Prime can defeat the Fallen" Jetfire replied. "Optimus Prime?" Sam questions. I sighed remembering him. "So, you've met a Prime? Why, you must have met a great descendant. Is he alive, here on this planet?" Jetfire asked.

"He sacrificed himself to save us" I said looking down. "So, he's dead. Without a Prime, it's impossible. No one else could stop the Fallen" Jetfire told us.

"So, the same energy that's gonna be used to reactivate the machine... could that energy somehow be used to reactivate Optimus and bring him back to life?" Sam asked. It gave a little hope and I looked up. "It was never designed for that purpose, but it's an energy like no other" Jetfire replied. "So then how do you get us to the Matrix before the Decepticons get to me?" Sam asked once again.

"Follow your mind, your map, your symbols. What you carved in the sand, it's your clue. When dawn alights the Dagger's Tip, three kings will reveal the doorway! Find the doorway! Go now! Go!" Jetfire ordered us. "Okay, we'll all go" Sam said. "That was my mission. It's your mission now. Go before the Decepticons find me and find you" Jetfire finished scrunching his face. I nodded and said a thanks before transforming back into a girl and hopped on skids. Bumblebee was full so I had no other place to go.

Just a few minutes into the ride, Skids broke the silence. "hey, hey! Wanna have a race?" he asked to Mudflap through the coms. "You're on bro!" Mudflap replied. "No one is racing!" I told them a little bit annoyed. My back hit the seat a little hard as Skids went faster. My back still hurts, even though the blood had stopped pouring.

They didn't listen and raced next to each other for a while, before we finally reached a gate. There were army members around it though. "ooh Humans, can we scare them?" Skids asked like a little boy. "No, and Mudflap, turn on your holograms, we don't want to make it suspicious" I told him through the coms. "Jeez, will you just chill a little?" Mudflap said as a hologram of a man appears on his driver seat.

I couldn't hear very clearly what Simmons was talking to the guards, but I think it was an okay since the gates in front opens not long after that. We went through and soon reached a little village.