4 : Chapter 5

I walked with Tessa back to the house. I should probably take the missile out too. I know Tessa have a lot of questions. "You know him?" She asked when we were out of the barn. "I was in the war with him for 11 years" I told her. "So what are you like? Military?" She asked again. "You could say that" I replied.

"Hold on, so you were 15 then?"

"In human age"

"What do you mean?"

"You won't understand yet"

"Please tell me!"

"There's a time for everything, Tessa. Let's go" I finished as we reached the house. I turned on the lights and searched for the missile in the living room. I found it in the middle of a broken living room table and vase. I walked towards it and picked it up. I see Tessa flinch a little and looked at me with a worried face. "I've been doing this for 11 years Tess, I'm used to it" I told her and threw the missile away outside the house. I walked back in and told Tessa to sleep, but she was hesitant. "Tess, I promise you. No more missiles will blow into the house" I reassured her. She chuckled slightly, "Yeah I guess so. Good night" She said before walking up to her room. "Night" I mumbled.

I walked back to the barn. Optimus was still there alone. He's sitting, and was in deep thought. "You okay, Optimus?" I asked him. He looked at me slowly and sighed. "It's been a while since we left the others. Have you heard from any of them?" He asked. "No. I couldn't do anything around here. I'm sorry" I sighed. "Do not be. I should have never left them in the first place" He shook his head in thought. "Well, if things happened differently, you would still regret and choose the other choice would you?" I told him. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I meant... Either way, the outcome would've been the same. Only, probably worse" I explained. He was about to ask again when Cade walked into the barn. "Damn, that boy could never-" He said but stopped when he looked at the two of us. "Was I interrupting anything?" He asked. "No, Cade" Me and Optimus replied. I chuckled slightly. Just like the old days...

"Okay, because it looks like you two were..." Cade motions something with his hands but was unclear, but I got his message. "What? Oh come on" I said and walked to one of the desks and started searching for parts. I helped Cade with showing him which parts to use, where some of the wires go, etc.... He just finished making the next piece as I was welding the previous one into Optimus. "Took a hell of a hit, you know. The missile just missed your power source" Cade said. "We call it a spark" Both me and Optimus replied.

"You two should've been a couple like that" Cade commented. I hissed at him. "So, a spark?" Cade changed the subject. "It contains our life force and our memories" Optimus explained. "Yeah, we call it a soul" Cade added. "Except your souls can't be seen" I added and looked at Optimus's exposed spark. "Oh now you're saying you have a spark instead of a soul?" Cade asked in a 'seriously?' tone. I chuckled, "You have a lot you don't know Cade" I told him as I start fixing his wires.

"Cade. Why are you willing to help me?" Optimus asked. "I guess maybe because you trust me to" Cade replied. "There is something I do not understand" Optimus started again. "What?" I asked. "I should have run out of energon by now. How did I still have a lot?" He asked. I chuckled nervously and scratched the back of my head. "Hana... Did you?" He asked in a sort of, sad, angry, and worried voice. "Maybe... I couldn't just let you die. And it's my job as a guardian to keep you safe anyways" I told him. "What are you talking about?" Cade asked curious. "Nothing to worry about" I replied. "It is something to worry about, Hana" Optimus said sternly. "Optimus, it's fine! Unlike the others, I can make them myself when I 'human recharge'" I told him. Optimus sighed in defeat, "Thank you" he said. I just replied with a small smile.

"Are you two going to explain to me anything, or are you gonna leave me in the dark?" Cade puts his hands on his hips and looks at us. I looked at Optimus then back at Cade. "You're not gonna leave us are you?" I asked him and crossed my arms. "Not until you tell me what you did" Cade smirked. "Fine... Optimus was too low on 'Energon' which is the life blood of all cybertronians, so I gave mine to him through a transfusion" I explained. "But you don't have any energon... Right?" Cade asked. "I told you, there's a lot you don't know" I smirked this time and went back to work.

"So how long have you two known each other?" Cade asked as we continued to fix Optimus. "11 years" Optimus replied. "A few hundred million if you add my previous lives" I added. "Previous... You're just making me more confused" Cade said. "Sorry not sorry, Cade" I smirked. I heard Cade curse and say something to himself before a smirk appear in his face. Scrap... What's he got?

"So what's between you two?" He asked. I think Optimus got the message because he looked at Cade with a surprised expression. While I looked at him with an annoyed and sort of angry expression. "I'm just asking! You two look like a match made in heaven" He said and laughed. "I feel like you're from Kaon" I grumbled. Optimus nodded in agreement. "Where's Kaon?" Cade asked. "The decepticon capital back on Cybertron. You know what.. Don't mind that" I said and got back to work.

We chatted a light chat for the next few hours, before Cade got a crazy idea to dig a hole in the middle of the barn for Optimus to hide. "How on Earth are we going to do that?" I asked him. "The concrete layer on the floor here is thin, after that, its just dirt" Cade said. "You would still need a digger or something to get it dug" I told him. "We have him" Cade pointed to Optimus. I looked at him and back to Cade. "No, he's still healing" I told him. "Well we'd have to some way or another" Cade said. I thought for a moment before sighing. "Don't tell anyone. Not even Tessa. For now at least" I told him. "Wait what are you going to-" I cut him off by starting the transformation into a dragon.

The transformation finished but I was a little smaller than my real dragon size. Mass displacement. Since I would be too big for the barn. But I was still pretty big. Cade fell back in shock and looked up at me with wide eyes. "Y-youre..." Cade said. "I know, I'm a cybertronian" I said bored and struck my sharp sword tail into the ground, creating a big crack. "You want to make a hole right?" I asked. He nodded in excitement and grabbed a shovel. I looked at Optimus and I see a ghost of a smile on his face. I nodded to him, motioning that he should rest.

I break off the concrete into a big square, big enough for Optimus to get in. I take it outside with my mouth. Luckily I can't taste it. After that I used my hands to start digging, and we dug... for hours.... Because Optimus is 28 feet tall, and that's deep...

I hope we can get it done before sunrise, I have a feeling we'll need it...