3 : Chapter 9

Third person POV

"Hana!" Optimus yelled as her dragon frame becomes nearly unrecognisable due to the rust. Optimus was really angered at Sentinel. He had killed Ironhide, and Hana?

"Get down here, Sentinel!" Optimus shouted angrily at him. Sentinel took out his double blades and shield before jumping down the building and landing safely on the ground. "Optimus, you forget your place. I bring you Cybertron. Your home! And still you choose humanity" Sentinel said.

Optimus took out his energon axe and energon sword before turning them on. "You were the one who taught me freedom is everyone's right" Optimus shouted, before running at him, roaring angrily. He pinned him to a building and started stabbing him with his axe and sword. "I will retrigger that pillar!" Sentinel said again. "Then you'll have to go through me!" Optimus shouted.

They fight each other across a bridge, Sentinel taking the upper hand, but Optimus was still staying strong. "Reinforcements! Decepticon ships, fire at Optimus!" Sentinel ordered the cons. The ships all around them started moving towards Optimus, and sent a few shots flying towards him.

Sentinel started fighting him again, before throwing him away. Sentinel fight the other bots as Optimus shoots the incoming ships. "I can't hold them! The ships have us pinned!" Optimus said. One of them manages to shoot at Optimus, and it blew him back.

Sentinel was also struggling, as one of the humans manages to shoot an explosion in front of him. It blew him back, and he quickly runs to grab his shield and double blades before transforming into a his vehicle mode. Optimus grabbed his weapons and quickly chased him too.

Sentinel drove towards a bridge, but that's when Optimus dove in and tried to stab him with his sword. But Sentinel transformed and rolled away. "Always- the bravest of us!" Sentinel commented as Optimus continously hit Sentinel's shield with his axe. "But you could never make the hard decissions!" Sentinel added and stands up and fights Optimus back. Optimus did a flip to dodge the blades, but Sentinel was still taking the upper hand on this.

"Our planet will survive!" Sentinel said again. "N-No!" Optimus said as he was continuously hit. Sentinel took Optimus's axe away and strike his blade into Optimus shoulder and ripped his hand clean off. Optimus grunts and turns to Sentinel, only to get hit with another attack...

Meanwhile...

Hana's POV

I opened my eyes to see blinding light. It stayed like that for a few seconds before my eyes adjusted itself to the surroundings. Everywhere around me was metal, but the sky was all light. I see a few giant robotic figures... The Primes. They're still in their protoforms, but they all look awfully similar as the one in the tomb back in Egypt. Am I in, the realm of the primes? Is my spark now one with the Allspark?

I was in my dragon form, and I lowered my head like a bow when they walked towards me. "Rise, dear one" One of them said. I lifted up my head slowly and looked up at them. "You sacrificed your life for the Prime" One of them said again. "Am I? One with the Allspark?" I asked.

"Apparently not dear one. Your body may be destroyed, but your spark... Is still active" Another one explained. "Does that mean I can return?" I asked them. "With your body gone, very unlikely". I sighed slightly, but I didn't regret one bit of saving Optimus. The whole universe's fate hangs in his balance. Without him, we would've died long before. "But.." One of them started.

"You are still very much needed in your world. Guardian of the Primes" He said. Wait what?! Guardian of the Primes? What on Cybertron does that even mean? "You were created by Primus, along with us, to guard us 13 Primes. You've sacrificed yourself countless times to save ours, yet would always manage to return to the world. You are more than just a Prime, dear Aries. You are the Guardian".....

Third Person POV

"We were gods once. All of us" Sentinel said as Optimus tries to avoid the attacks while crawling on one hand. "But here-" Sentinel started again. "Please!" Optimus said and held Sentinel's arm, but fails and fell again. "There will only be one!" Sentinel finished and raised his blade up, preparing to strike Optimus.

Optimus tries to get away, but he has nearly given up. Just then, Megatron came rushing in from behind and fights Sentinel, giving Optimus a chance to get away. "This is my planet!" Megatron shouted angrily. Sentinel fails to fight this sudden attack and is now weak in Megatron's hold.

The space bridge started sucking everything that came in from there, back inside. The three of them watched as they continued with the fight. "Now. We need a truce... All I want is to be back in charge. Besides... who would you be without me, Prime?" Megatron said and threw Sentinel away. "Time to find out" Optimus growled before grabbing his axe and running right at him. He threw the axe into his body, before picking it up again and strike it at his head. He pulled the head apart, clean off his shoulders, his spine still connected to it.

Optimus drops the axe and grabs a gun as he made his way to Sentinel. "Optimus, all I ever wanted was the survival of our race. You must see why... I had to betray you" Sentinel explained. Optimus did not care, neither did the explanation felt enough for him. Sentinel had killed two of his friends. One he very much needed, but struggled to accept. Until now...

"You didn't betray me. You betrayed yourself" Optimus said and points the gun at Sentinel. "No, Optimus!" Sentinel shouted before he was shot by Optimus, and his body now played lifeless on the bridge.

Optimus sighed as he looks at the destruction of Chicago. But also at the success of his teammates. Sam looked at Optimus's arm warily, but Optimus gave a small nod, telling him it was okay. The other army members and autobots stood there on both sides.

Sam saw Carly on the opposite side of the bridge and quickly ran across towards her. Optimus clears the way for him as he ran and hugged her. And also kissed her. And Bumblebee tried helping Sam by giving them some gears that acted as rings. One bot was in Optimus's mind as he watched them... Hana... She was always someone he admired and... loved, since he first saw her.

He sighed and looked away, but when he looked to the other side. A different, yet familiar dragon figure stand behind the crowd and looks at him. Smiling. Optimus wondered if it was just him, or it was real. But he sure was happy to see her there. Even if he doesn't show it.

Hana's POV

The primes allowed me to return. But they have given me a new body. Light started to fill my optics, and soon it was back to Chicago. I watched as parts appeared out of no where and started covering my spark, with it in the chest. The head was smoother. I had 2 long horns instead of 4, and 4 ear like spikes grew on the side. My body was the same size, but had a smoother built to it. My wings also seemed wider, and the sword like spike on my tail was sharper. The spaces between my scales glowed blue, but the rest of me stayed the same colour. 2 metallic ribbons ran from my head and also two from my tails, and it was slightly glowing too.

I looked over at the bridge to see everyone there. Optimus in the middle with only one arm. Megatron's body on one side of the bridge, and Sentinel's in the other. Optimus was looking at Sam and Carly. His face shows nothing, but his eyes tells me everything. He was relieved that Sentinel was stopped, worried, because the city was destroyed and their identities are known. And sad, because he lost 2 of his friends in the fight. (a/n: shhh don't spoil Optimus's secret to her yet!)

I saw Optimus sigh before looking towards this direction, and when he saw me here, his eyes was filled with confusion, sadness, and happiness. All the other bots noticed me too as I walked over towards the bridge and transformed. My new body was also slightly different, but it still has my look on it. I stand behind the humans as Optimus gave a ghost of a smile.

---

"In any war, there are calms between storms. There will be days when we lose faith. Days when our allies turn against us. But the day will never come... that we forsake this planet... and its people"