3 : Chapter 8

Halfway there I spot another high decepticon reading. I also saw Sam's signal over there. I reported it to Optimus, and he told us to come there. So we had a change in destination. He's already heading there now, so he'll be there faster.

It was quite a long drive but we managed to get there. Although with a few stops killing cons since we can't let them tell the others our location.

I saw Optimus standing tall with some wreckers. Bee transformed and made a dramatic entrance as he's always liked to do. Everyone else transformed, and I did last. Took a little while since I was bigger.

"I saw your ship blow up!" Sam said. "The ship. We were never in the ship! We designed the damn thing, didn't we?" Roadbuster replied. "We were hidden in the first booster rocket to separate. Splashed down back in the Atlantic, just as planned. We ain't going nowhere" Leadfoot explained. "Yeah, no one's exiling us" Brains commented. "The Autobots are staying right here. We're gonna help you win this war" Wheelie added.

"They're surrounding the city to make a fortress, so that no one can see what they're up to inside. Our only chance is the element of surprise" Optimus explained. "I think I know where to look!" Sam said before running off.

We transformed to our vehicle modes before finally driving to Chicago. It took quite a while but we made it there, and we spot Sam, Carly, and Bee.

Optimus transforms to talk to him. "We need to move before the fighters spot us. Wait here until we scout a route ahead. Let's roll" Optimus said and led us to the road before transforming.

We followed, but took many different routes to get to the hideout. I feld the ground rumble a familiar rumble... Shockwave. I drove faster towards the hideout before drifting to a stop in there, just when Optimus arrived. I transformed and so does he. "They got my trailer. I need that flight tech. Shockwave can't hunt all of us at once. Wreckers, we need a diversion" He ordered.

The wreckers happily left to diverse them. While the rest of us waited for orders. "Hana, Bee, get to Sam and the humans" He told us. I nodded and I was about to transform into a car when he stopped me, and said "fly".

I transformed into a dragon and gave a small nod, before flying out the building. I glide low bellow the buildings so they won't easily find me. My giant wings aren't that much helping, but I was still able to go faster than on wheels.

I see a building that's tilting over. Shockwave's tentacle monster is attacking it, and I hear lots of screams of humans. But I'm still a little far away... I focused my optics on the humans there... I see Sam and Carly hanging off the building, and a tentacle was about to attack them.

Okay, hiding's over. Fighting's on! I flew higher so I can go faster and dove down towards the tentacle and bit it in half with my mouth. Being careful with my wings so it doesn't hurt anyone. I tried to find the main large tentacle instead of just cutting off the small ones, because that's not helping...

The large tentacle keeps burrying itself in the building or in other tentacles when I'm about to reach it. I flew towards Sam, Carly, and the other humans to get them off the building. "Hold on. I'm coming" I heard Optimus through the coms. "Jump!" I shouted loud enough for them all to hear.

I slowed down and flew under them, as they all jumped on me, and landed on my back. There was more than enough space for them all over there, I just have to be careful not to drop them. "Hold on!" I shouted again and made spikes appear on my back, big enough for them to hold on to.

I flew down towards the ground, and landed softly down as Optimus fight Shockwave's beast. All the humans got off me before I flew up again. But it seems like Lennox and Sam got into another trouble... But Bee is there so I can leave them.

I cut off the small tentacles around it's main tentacle, while Optimus slices the tentacle. Optimus flies off and lands on a crane. Down bellow, I see Shockwave shot some shoots towards us. Optimus was about to fly off again, but he got shot. Nothing too dangerous, but the shock made Optimus fall and got tangled in some cables.

One of the shots hit my wing and it knocked me off the sky. I crashed on a few buildings, only to have them fall on me. Agh... I groaned as I push the debris off me. I see Optimus trying to get off the wires too.

I managed to get myself off after a while. I tried to flap my wings, but my right wing was broken... Scrap. I looked over at Optimus. He managed to free himself too. He flew next to me and looked over at my right wing. "You're hurt" He said like it wasn't obvious. But I'm glad he worries. I looked over at my wing before looking back at him and the river. "I'll be fine, Go!" I told him.

He looked back hesitantly before flying off. I tried to get myself up too, But the most I managed to do is run. So I ran as fast as I can to the river, before jumping in.

I left a trail of energon in the water, but I wasn't thinking of that now. I swam quickly to the other side. So glad my tail was strong, it was sure a good tool to swim. My wing was in a lot of pain being dragged by the current, but I held it in.

I finally reached the other side and climbed up. I ran quickly towards where Optimus was. He was fighting with Shockwave and he was pulling Shockwave's eyes out. But he didn't see the incoming shoot from Sentinel.

I roared, warning him to move as I ran as fast as I can towards him. He looks at me, then up at the shot. But it was too close for him to move out anywhere.

Without thinking, I jumped and pushed him away from where the shot was about to hit, but it hit my chest in mid air. The shock threw me away, and I crashed into one of the buildings which held one of the pillars, and it fell. Deactivating it. "No!" I heard Optinus and Sentinel yell, for different reasons.

I looked down at my chest which started to rust quickly... Oh no.. It must be... Cosmic Rust.....

The rust soon grows all over me. My eyes started to get weird and fuzzy, and the pain from the rust was unbearable... I managed to look up at Optimus and the last thing I heard, was Optimus calling my name, before everything turned to darknes.....