4 : Chapter 8

"We leave in the morning. The humans need some rest" Optimus told us before he walks away to the other side of the canyon. He was frustrated, I could tell. He's been fighting to protect the humans for years now, and all the humans did, was kill his friends and ban them from Earth... I sighed. Betrayal is something you just can't avoid sometimes. Megatronous (The fallen) and Sentinel was one of the best Primes. I protected them with my life eons ago. And now look at them. Megatronous wanting to take Earth's sun, and Sentinel, nearly killing Optimus. Optimus must've felt betrayed a lot too.

I noticed Tessa shivering slightly. "Shane, I'm cold" She whispered to him. "I know" Shane said and hugged her closer. Cade had an annoyed and angry look on his face. I transformed into my vehicle mode. Right, forgot to tell you I scanned a new car after being revived. A Honda Civic type R.

I opened my door for them. "You can sleep here if you want" I told them. Tessa and Shane got into the car. Tessa was about to sleep with Shane in the back, but Cade pulled her away and put her in the front. Cade went in the back with Shane and I can hear Tessa mutter something. I closed the doors and turned the heater on. "Better?" I asked. "Much" Tessa told me and laid down.

"You know, never in my life I'd have thought of sleeping in a living thing. Especially Tessa's sister" Shane commented. "I'm not Tessa's sister... I stumbled upon their family when we were under attack" I told him. "Sorry, I brought you into this mess Cade" I apologised. "Don't worry, Hana. We're bound to get pulled in anyway" Cade said.

"How old are you by the way?" Shane asked. "26 in human years" I told him. "What do you mean?" He asked. "My real age is much older than Earth" I added. Shane's shocked face was priceless. So glad my inside mirror can see him. Cade and Tessa's eyes were also wide open, staring at my dash board. "How old is Optimus then?" Cade asked. "about 70 million years old, I think" I replied. "Damn, you're so much older than him" Cade said. I chuckled. "Are you old for uh... What's your species called again?" Shane asked. "Cybertonian" I replied. "Yeah. Are you old for a cybertronian? Or is Optimus young?" Shane continued his question. "Optimus is quite old for a cybertronian. Most would say the first prime, or Alpha Trion, is the oldest. But I am a few eons older than him, so technically, I'm the oldest" I explained. "Oh shoot. You're immortal?" Shane asked. "Pretty much. But I've died more than 100 times" I replied. Again, shocked face party. "You can be revived?" Cade asked. "As long as our spark is still in one piece, yes. Optimus died about 27 times if I'm not mistaken" I added the last bit.

"so, what is with you and Optimus?" Shane asked with a small smirk. "What do you mean?" I asked pretending to not know. "Well, that green one called you Miss Prime, and Cade and Tessa seems to know, so why shouldn't I know?" Shane asked. "I do not follow" I said again. "Oh really?" Tessa smirked. Oh scrap... "Tess..." I warned her. "She likes Optimus" She whispered in a singing voice. "Oh that's it!" I said and opened the air conditioner and pointed it at Tessa, and blowed her with cold air for 5 seconds, before turning it off. "That was cold" Tessa grumbled and crossed her arms. "That's what you get for saying that" I chuckled. I'm only talking through the radio so the others outside can't hear it. "Since when can I keep a secret?" Tessa asked with a smirk. "How about Shane?" Cade asked slightly annoyed. "That was a different situation, Dad" Tessa replied. "Okay, that's enough. All of you go to sleep, tommorow's gonna be busy" I told them. They sighed and nodded. Tessa laid back down while Cade and Shane tried to look away from each other. I sighed softly and let them sleep.

---

It was 4.30 AM in the morning now. They were sleeping peacefully, and I didn't quite want to wake them up, so I quietly drove towards the others who were all ready to go.

Hound looked at me questioningly, as I stayed as a car. "They're asleep, but I can drive them" I whispered quietly. Optimus nodded in understanding. "We will leave now" He said. "Finally, we get to do more than sit around and wait" Crosshairs commented before transforming into his vehicle mode. The others followed, and Optimus did last. "Autobots, Roll out" He said.

Bee lead the way followed by Crosshairs and Drift, Hound went behind them, and then there was me. Behind me is Optimus, at the back as usual. Making sure everyone is safe and in one group. This reminded me of that time we were heading to the ship back in the Chicago battle. I missed these days. I know it's only 5 years, barely 1/100th of my life, but it feels like eons already...

We went through small, empty, or abandoned cities to hide from city view. We were just a few hours in. It was 7 in the morning now. Cade started to wake up. "W-where are we?" He asked. "Good morning, Cade. We're on our way to KSI's base in Chicago" I told him. "Oh well you'll need a base to stay, you can't all show up like this, it's suspicious" He said. "We have thought about that. We will find a base to stay outside of the city" Optimus said through the coms. "Do you have a place yet?" Cade asked. "Not yet, we'll find a place on the way" I told him. "We need it big enough for all of you, but good enough for us humans" Cade thought out loud. "That is why you will help out, Cade" Optimus told him. "I'll see" Cade replied.

We drove for the next three hours towards Chicago. Tessa and Shane woke up after I turned on the inside lights. I've got some extra lights in me that can change colour. It sure caught Tessa and Shane's eye. Cade warned me not to make it too romantic. I chuckled at that and turned it into purple light.

We reached the destroyed part of Chicago. Although some have been starting to be rebuilt, some parts were left empty to die. We drove slowly around the city trying to find a good place to stay for a while. Cade got really picky and wouldn't accept the garage or other places. But then a big Cathedral showed up and Cade quickly chose that.

We drove inside the Cathedral. It was a little bit broken. With rubble everywhere and broken glasses, but it was good enough and well covered. "Is this the place, Cade?" Optimus asked. I can tell there was some annoyance in his voice. We've been searching for the base for over an hour already... All the bots transformed and waited for Cade's reply. "Yes, this is good" Cade said and got out. Shane and Tessa followed and looked around. I finally got to transform after being stuck as a car for over 12 hours. It's not a good feeling.

Tessa had some weird look on her face as she looked around. Shane shared the same look. I kneeled down near them. "I'll clean this place up, why don't you ask Cade what to do" I told them. "Thanks" They both say before going up to Cade. I stand up again and watched as the humans talked.