TWELVE

"Ehem." cough Thomas distracted us completely.  "Alright so from the X-ray results that I have Miss Stanley's leg has no fatal problems, it will only be slightly bruised and will heal in a few days, compresses with ice are very helpful. Then Nesryn's, I'm afraid apart from hitting her head hard enough, the arms don't look so good. There are signs of a hand injury."

The long, somewhat convoluted explanation made me digest it for a long time. "Maybe when you pushed Bella? I saw you accidentally bumped your hand really hard." Obviously Jessica hesitated.

"I don't know and don't remember anything other than the sound of the brakes and the metal. Ugh." my trauma response was to forget anything when the event happened.

The only process I remember is a tire screeching  and bang! I live.

Doctor Cullen took a that picture from Thomas hand and examined it.  Before Thomas finally spoke up. "Isn't there a therapy procedure that you have to do at least once a month?" He asked me and dad.

He's right but I want a little break from the hospital atmosphere. That damn van, I end up here again. "Yeah, but I told my mom that I wanted to rest a few months. Look like I should have it again." I sighed.

"Can I have an extra dose of painkiller please? My hand is starting to throb." I said honestly while trying to hold my body that seemed like it was about to fall.

His cold hand touched my arm the coldness was a good enough substitute for ice cubes. The injection is finally starting to feel like it's stabbing my arm, finally the pain will subside. When I arrived in this dimension, my life was made accustomed to painkillers.

I will be fine...

...

Third person POV

When Nesryn's eyes had closed, Charlie sighed in frustration. Bella and Jessica on the other hand feel lucky and guilty.  Lucky because Nesryn saved them and felt guilty for causing Nesryn to be in pain.

Unlike them, Carlisle focused on the body condition of his partner. It was obvious they didn't feel any attachment to him yet, he could accept that.  But the condition of his her is apprehensive big accident that ever happened to her must be very bad.

"Wouldn't it matter if Nesryn stayed here a little longer?" Thomas spoke. Charlie shrugged.  "If it's a good decision then I'll accept it." he said.

Bella and Jessica were able to leave the hospital by then. Bella chose to stay with Nesryn whereas Jessica returned to her house to rest because she, like some people, hates the sacred atmosphere of a hospital.

After some inspections Carlisle left with Thomas.  Bella accidentally managed to see through the conversation between Rosalie and Carlisle when she came back from the toilet.  Before she could hear anything Rosalie glanced at her, they were quite a distance away, a human wouldn't notice if someone had just arrived.

Bella thinks it's a coincidence.

Yes.

As it happens.

Hers life today is already full of coincidences.

"Bella!" Charlie called her. Bella who was silent watched Rosalie and Carlisle's steps away from where they started standing.  "Yes, Dad?" Bella turned towards her father.

"I'll be going to do some administration so take good care of your sister? Make sure you're around when she wakes up from the painkillers." With that Charlie walked fast.

she sighed.  Her poor sister always sacrificed herself to save her. The sad fact that she is nothing without her sister makes Bella always feel dependent on Nesryn.

Today's events were pure accident, but what was odd was the way Nesryn, her sister, had survived.  Bella vividly remembered Jasper and Edward standing on the other side of the parking lot watching the three of them. Then boom!  An accident happens and they are on the other side of the parking lot. The hand marks on Van Tyler's side gave Bella another odd thought.

From the start, Bella could feel something was different about them. Too perfect to be human. But Bella didn't know what they were. Maybe he should wait for his brother to wake up and talk about it

Her sister always knew things that Bella didn't know where she could find out.  Nesryn seemed born to know things that should be puzzles for them.

....

While Rosalie and Carlisle were talking about this accident. Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of footsteps, Bella's scent wafted. "We'd better get away, I don't want her to hear anything." Rosalie said in a volume only a vampire's ears could reach.

They walked toward Carlisle's office.

Rosalie sat in the patient chair. Meanwhile Carlisle sat in his chair. "That girl really lacks survival instinct. She saved two girls to let herself die!" with that Rosalie let out her frustration.

"Edward and Jasper didn't think it was a risk. They could have exposed our kind to a lot of students at the school. I don't know what else to say." Rosalie massaged the bridge of her nose. Human habits that she still maintains. Carlisle remained silent, he could not blame them for carrying out the dangerous save, he would have done the same if he had witnessed the accident.  He thanked jasper for doing it.

Edward on the other hand, didn't admit it but Carlisle knew the scent of Bella's blood haunted him for days. He was worried it would create an unwanted obsession.  As long as Edward could control his instincts and not attract Bella's attention again…. It would be fine. One other thing that Carlisle was somehow more worried about was he wasn't sure how Nesryn would react if she found out they were a kind of mate, he had been a vampire for 300 years and he couldn't understand why the concept of a destined mate existed.

Carlisle had always felt that he was quite capable of getting by without a woman by his side, but fate didn't seem to think so;  he discovers finding his partner is still a human who clearly doesn't know how dangerous his kind can be. He hated to admit it, but even if he wanted to let his partner live normally he sure as hell he couldn't imagine the day he would have to witness her death.

He wasn't sure how to act.

————————❀————————

Hello!! I'm trying to update more fast so please vote!!!