SEVENTEEN

Fate was once again not on my side.  My father was now in the middle of nowhere, fishing with Bill and Harry.  Too bad, now I've made a wasted split-second decision.  Still stuck here.  Ah, I can't blame my father.  He promised to pick me up in 1 hour.

"Stupid phone."  I cursed the contacts on my cell phone, there was no number to call for help. Side effects of lack of socializing.

"You look like you're in big trouble, Nesryn."

I turned quickly and found Thomas holding his car keys.  "Where are you going?"  I asked quickly.  "Taking things in my car."  he said.

Oh right.  There was no chance for me to escape.  He is not a safe driver.  "You want to go home? Break time is still long, I can—"

"No, thank you very much. I was traumatized by your driving. If I was driving you would be too fussy."

Truly traumatic, he took the car at a high speed for an immortal being.  It was a bad experience, a few years ago in Phoenix when my mom couldn't take me home he took over.  It made me almost dying.  I'm the victim of an accident, how could he cruelly drive at that speed?

I'd better borrow Tiffanie's room to take a nap.  That way everything will be fine.  Yes that's the right choice.  Immediately I turned back into the hospital building.  At the crossroads to get to that room, I met Carlisle again. Damn why is he here?!

"Hello again Doctor."  I.  Hate.  the situation.

"I didn't mean to startle you. I'm sorry."  he said.

"You didn't mean it so that's fine. I have to see Doctor Tiffanie."  I said with a smile that didn't reach my eyes.

"Excuse me."  I tried to get as far away as possible.

"Can we just talk for a moment?"  He asked me following walking right beside me. His footsteps easily followed me.

I took a breath and stopped. Honestly, this chase was tiring and quite embarrassing.  So I stopped in the middle of the road which made him stop too. "What should we talk about?"  I asked looking directly into his golden eyes.

....

We ended up in his room which was clean white and filled with cupboards filled with files. There are also several reading books decorating the room.  I don't know where this conversation is going, but I'm sure all of this happened because of my carelessness, either because I mentioned Edward's name or because I called a truce.

"So what is there to talk about?"  I asked sitting on the sofa opposite him. Our eyes met, I knew this wasn't small talk.

"I didn't realize this before but Nesryn how do you know so much about us?"  he asked.

"About you guys? What do you mean Doc—"

"Call me Carlisle, I know Nesryn, you know about our kind."  Carlisle interrupted me.

I chewed my tongue because I was nervous.  He would not be able to be fooled with false innocence.  Alice must have seen it at some point after last night.  I looked down confused to explain how.  If I explained about dimensional shifting it would make me look like a body thief even if we seemed to be together.  If I'm lying Jasper will find out sooner or later.

"You realized that from the start, right?"  He guessed his voice didn't show intimidation or coercion just pure curiosity.

I was forced to admit it.  "I realized it from the start, I was just acting like I wasn't."

I cleared my throat. "I found out about it because I read it, somewhere."  I said nervously and could almost be said to be afraid.

I'm sure he won't hurt me but I'm still afraid, I never imagined that my knowledge about them would be known this quickly. Once again it's my fault for being so careless.

"Don't be afraid, I don't want to make you feel that way."  What he said sounded trustworthy.

"I just don't understand how you could know about Edward's past? Or about Rosalie and Jasper."  Carlisle made a statement that made my stomach turn.

Alice had really seen something.

"I don't know what ability I have after my accident. Sometimes I can control it and sometimes it works by itself without my will." I slowly revealed the truth.

Carlisle caught the information. "Aren't you afraid after finding out what we are?"  He asked carefully.

I furrowed my brows.  "If I was afraid I would have been back with my mother months ago. I would have definitely made sure I wouldn't talk to you in this room."  I said.  "At least I know you guys aren't as bad as, well, most of your kind."  I continued shrugging my shoulders.

"I won't tell anyone, not even Belle. I promise."  I said Bella was smart enough to know all those facts.

Carlisle looked calmer and less worried.  "As for the one in the cafeteria, I grew up hearing the Quileute legends. So I'm no stranger to the truce between you two." I added.

"I didn't mean to, you know, reveal anything. Everyone in the tribe knows about it."

Carlisle smiled.  "I'm not worried about that Nesryn, I'm more worried about you being afraid of us."  Obviously.

"And why is it like that?"  I asked surprised.

"Alice, Rosalie and Jasper consider you a good friend, they will miss you if you leave."  Clearly, I could feel that Carlisle was hiding something but was reluctant to tell me.

"You're covering something up aren't you, Carlisle?"  I ask.

He looked down for a moment.  "Yes, I'll just tell you later. When the time is right."  Look at me seriously.  I finally gave in and nodded in understanding.

"Do you have anything to do tomorrow afternoon?" He suddenly asked.

"Me? I don't know. Is something wrong?"

"I want to invite you to our house. If you don't mind."  Obviously.

To that famous building?  Really my twilight fan soul is screaming, I want it.  But will I be terrorized by questions there?  I'd have a panic attack if they cornered me.  It's not comparable to the satisfaction as a fan if I go there.

"I'll make sure they don't ask you any questions that bother you." Carlisle spoke again as if he heard my thoughts.  I hesitantly nodded. "Yes alright."

"No interrogation."  I repeated while extending my hand to shake. It's a deal.

He laughed.  "No interrogation."  He shook my hand and static electricity seemed to flow from every corner of my hand that touched his.
....

1096 words