TWENTY-SIX

Nesryn's Point Of View

"Can I sleep in your room? I don't want to face Bella tonight."  I said nervously, meeting Bella would be a nightmare with sensitive vampire ears.

Carlisle froze.  I restrained myself from grimacing.  The request sounded vulgar, but there was no way I could borrow Alice, Rosalie and Esme's room.  It wasn't a good choice considering they were all married.  Obviously I'm quite sane.  Carlisle didn't need sleep anyway so there was no problem.

He opened his mouth before closing it again.  Looks like the answer is no.  "Then can I use the living room-"

"Of course you can sleep in my room, but there is only a sofa bed. It's not very comfortable."  Obviously.

"It's no problem I can sleep even on the floor. It's quite comfortable actually" That's not a lie.  As long as I'm tired enough and desperate, there's no place that's uncomfortable.  Sometimes after my emotional outburst I just lie down next to the bed.  Waiting for the sun to rise and starting the morning routine is getting easier.

Carlisle finally stood up.  "Maybe you'd like a little tour?"  He offered.  I nodded taking his hand.

Static electricity is felt again.  I desperately controlled my expression as if the touch had no effect and as if he didn't hear the changes in my heartbeat.  Damn just holding hand, Nesryn, why are you so weak?  I should have tried dating to at least eliminate the inter-species awkwardness.

I went downstairs to a room downstairs.  The side of the stairs.  "I didn't think there was room here."  I said surprised and amazed.

A white patterned door contrasts with the gray walls.  When the room opened I saw the Volturi painting clearly displayed.  "Volturi."  I whispered accidentally.

"Well them, Aro, Caius and Marcus."

I looked at Carlisle.  "You were there too."  I pointed at him in the painting.

He nodded.  "You know about them?"  Carlisle asked.

I hesitantly nodded.  "Yeah, kinda."  I turned from the painting to the bookshelves in the corner of the room.  The picture of Dorian Gray I was shocked when I saw it.  I didn't expect Carlisle to read this book.

"This is the 4th edition?"  My eyes stared in surprise.  He bought this during the book's controversial days.

I put it back afraid I would damage it with my carelessness.  After a little checking here and there by looking at Carlisle's face, if he nodded I would touch the objects and check them.  After several things he didn't forbid me from checking anything in his room.

"The room over there where the sofa I mean."  He led me to another door in his small room.  The room looked beautiful with windows on the outside and a sofa and small table in it.  I walked behind and looked at the sofa bed, yeah honestly it looked nice.  Even though Edward's bed was more attractive, I didn't want to talk to Bella.  The reaction was beyond reason, I didn't want to endure it all in one night.

"Well it can still put me to sleep."  I walked towards the table, moved it a little then sat on the sofa.  Much more comfortable than I expected.

I looked at the clock in his office, it was half past nine in the evening.  It's not my bedtime to be honest, but I don't know what to do to relieve boredom.  The awkward atmosphere between me and the vampire patriarch who seemed to be looking at me nonstop started to lessen.

"Um Carlisle, I don't feel like asking this but could you please get me my stuff in Edward's room? My bag is lying right next to his bed."

He nodded with a look on his face that implied he didn't mind and I was grateful for that.  When Carlisle left I lay down on the sofa hugging the green blanket he had previously given me on the balcony.  Huh, we're soulmates?  The fictional nonsense I often hear is now my reality.