THIRTEEN

Nesryn woke up from the painkillers that had sedated her.  The effects lessened but at least now she wasn't as sick as she was at the start.  The blonde girl leaned her back on the emergency room bed.  The clock in the room showed that it was now early evening.  "I must have fallen asleep because of the effects of the medicine."  Nesryn muttered while looking around.

Her father was on the visitor's couch asleep with his police hat covering his face.  Nesryn's eyes softened, Charlie was one of the blessings she had.  Nesryn got out of bed carefully minimizing the sound to take her jacket and put it over Charlie's body.

Nesryn looked around and there was only her in this room.  She sighed in relief it was just her and Charlie there was no other patient lying in the bed next to her, but now she couldn't fall asleep.  Hospitals, she doesn't like hospitals ironically at the same time because hospitals have an important part of her early memories in this twilight universe.

Her throat began to feel dry, she looked at the table near where she had been lying and was grateful that there was a water bottle that was still sealed.  She took the bottle and opened it easily enough, which was a sign that her wrist wasn't badly injured.

With a few sips the water in the bottle was half remaining.  Nesryn put the bottle back down and lay back on the hospital bed, thinking back to how quickly time had passed during her time in this new Universe.

She still remembered the day he could finally accept that she was part of this world.  Now she had met almost the entire Cullen family but when she met Carlisle there was none of the usual wild happy euphoria she felt like when she met Rosalie Alice or even Jasper and Emmett...

Well, Carlisle wasn't a character she knew in the books and neither were the others but it felt very different.  She wasn't that awkward with Rosalie and Jasper who had very, very minimal social interaction and then when he met Carlisle everything was shattered she felt really awkward. Nesryn sighed, maybe it was the influence of her adrenaline.

————————❀————————

Cloudy morning in Seattle.  Nesryn had to force herself to eat the hospital soup that Thomas happened to suggest.  Nesryn ate it in silence, as always she appreciated food even if it tasted terrible.

"After this, can I go home?"  Nesryn asked her father.

"Yes, Doctor Thomas said that you are well enough to go home. He just asked you to continue the therapy sessions. That will make your body coordination better."  Charlie explained to Nesryn gently.

Nesryn could see how much her father hoped she would do that damned session again and Nesryn reluctantly agreed.  Not long after getting the prescription for the medicine, Nesryn walked back home with her wrist wrapped in a bandage.  Doctor Carlisle advised Nesryn not to forget that her hand was injured and do something that caused a lot of movement.

Nesryn was very nervous around Carlisle; there was a tension between them that Nesryn realized too late.  She wasn't sure if it was a bad or good sign.  At least now she could act normally around Carlisle and not feel awkward anymore.

When Charlie's police car finally pulled away from the hospital Nesryn felt a sense of relief.  She was free from the shadow of her pain.  Charlie's police car had just parked in front of the house but Nesryn already felt that there were several people waiting for her in the house.

Nesryn couldn't help but groan in frustration. "How many people are in the house?" Nesryn asked Charlie.

Charlie chuckled at the frustrated expression on his daughter's face.  "Your friends and Jacob are here."  Charlie said.

Friends and Jacob?  Oh fuck.  Nesryn felt a rather strong air of hostility as she approached the door.  Sure enough, in the house there were Alice, Rosalie and Jasper, Jessica, Angela and Jacob.  At least not Mike.

"Welcome and happy birthday! Nesryn."  Alice cheerfully greeted Nesryn.  She embraced Nesryn in a hug that didn't crush her bones and pulled Nesryn to sit.

Bella emerged from the kitchen holding a blue cake and carefully brought it in front of Nesryn.  Nesryn sat up in surprise.  "I just forgot my birthday?"  She e looked at the blue cake with emotion.

She was too frustrated and depressed about Van's accident and being stuck in the hospital to forget the day she was born.  Today is April 11th.

Nesryn blew out the candle with tears flowing. The people in the room clapped and Nesryn could see the piles of gifts.  "You guys shouldn't bother I don't even remember it."  Nesryn said while hugging the people in the room one by one.

"You look bigger than I remember Jake."  Jacob laughed.  "We haven't seen each other in years Ryn."  Yes Nesryn knows that.  She never visited La Push after her accident.  He only knew Nesryn from Nesryn's memories, the original Nesryn, which had not been united with the memories of the other Nesryn.

Nesryn could see a glimpse of Cullen's hostile face towards Jacob but no one started to have any confrontation which really made Nesryn relieved.  There was nothing the blonde girl could say other than that she was truly surprised, touched and very happy about this situation.  She knew she was selfish that he wanted peace between her two favorite characters she knew it was completely unreasonable but she wanted it.

She didn't know what would happen with all the effects her presence would have.  All she wants is a change for the better, less pain, less sacrifice and no killing of the people she loves.

Something she probably wouldn't achieve so easily

————————❀———————
900word

Hello, how are you all??  It's been almost a month since I posted a new chapter of this story.  The first reason is that I'm stuck on another story so this one is a bit of a stretch hihi.

BTW, this chapter is a bit short but the next chapter will be longer.

Bye!