Pt 10: More 'Non-Bounding Box' Progress!

09/06/2023 - I've getting the game closer to where I want it to be for a little demo release. Unfortunately in testing with Blender... I'm REALLY not good with making 3D models... Yet... Probably not soon but will keep at it to at least make my own character.

As you can guess with the title, I still couldn't be bothered with the bounding box, so instead I worked on a few other things. 

First things first, I've updated the game to include number of points for a score counter, your money to buy weapons and ammo (though still need to modify for buying a new gun vs buying just ammo for said gun), and the wave counter. 

I also made it possible to buy guns and fail to do so due to lack of money, meaning I had to set arbitrary testing values for gun costs. 

The game won't start til you grab a weapon and right now, the Pistol is all there is that you can afford.

But, what's that? You hear it too? That's right! The game also starts playing music when you buy a weapon too. I should really find a chill ambient song for before hand, but I just grabbed a few songs from https://incompetech.com/ to use for now - just placeholders unless I can get something better.

I've also added scaling zombie health too! So the longer you go, the more zombies spawn and the more bullets they take. Basically its just 1 more pistol shot each round than the last - starting at 6 shots each - but its there!

Now I just need to REALLY get on the Bounding box, maybe a starting menu, pause menu and a way to get back to the main menu when you 'die' in the game. I can use the same logic I have with the gun walls for setting up door purchases, and when thats all in place, I will finally have something I can put out as a demo!

Granted, the game could go out now and function as a playable, if not simple, demo....