Pt 14: Alpha Testing Soon?

09/19/2023 - I've finally put together my next and probably final test weapon for ZOHA's first uhhhh Alpha test. We have a Pistol, SMG and Shotgun... So we need something to accommodate long ranged fans! 

That weapon of choice is going to be a Lever Action Rifle, though it will function more so as something akin to a sniper rifle. When I first set out to make ZOHA, one of the first thoughts that came to my head of course was the motorcycle scene of Terminator 2 - Arnold manipulating the lever rifle single-handedly had to be put into a game where you play a character with a single hand of course. #Representation

Looking into lever rifles, I came across the Henry 410 since it could use slugs. While slugs aren't exactly sniper bullets, they function differently from regular shotgun rounds that it seemed like they might be a good fit. To go along with this, the lever rifle is more focused on accuracy and bullet penetration - so instead of bullets being destroyed on contact with a zombie or wall, they will instead just fly infinitely for a set duration. While this does mean a bullet could keep flying past the floor - since everything is currently programmed to function on a single pane - this should not cause any problems for me and will be a future me problem if it becomes one.  The first person camera also zooms slightly when in first person mode - though admittedly not to the extent I'd like yet.

In addition to making this final gun, I also thought I'd need a bit of a firing range to shoot things in, instead of my barebones test level - So I've built out a map to survive from zombies in. Super proud of it, even if it is a reference. I'll explain more details on it in a future part of this dev log, so look forward to it!