4 × more secrets

"Go away," Jungwon ordered.

"And why would I do that?"

Jay furrowed his brows as soon as he opened his eyes and saw the boy standing over him. He tried to recall the school's president's name while his brain slowly awakened from the nap. Suddenly a nickname y.jungwon flashed through his mind and made him smirk. Then, he took out one of his earphones.

"I thought you were my fan, now you want to get rid of me?" Jay sat up to make more space on the bench for the boy. Jungwon refused to sit there. His facial expression clearly stated he was not content with seeing the musician in his favorite spot at the school.

"What are you babbling about?" His eyes squinted and a grimace formed on his face.

"Is your hobby stalking new students' Instagrams late at night?" He paused for a second to see the boy's reaction. Jungwon's eyes widened and his cheeks flushed red instantly. "Or am I just special?"

"The heck you're special. Are you a narcissist?" Jungwon crossed his arms. His voice became unstable. "How do you even know?" 

"You liked one of my posts. But seeing your reaction I guess it was by an accident. That makes me sad, kinda." Jay laughed. He had no intention of mocking the boy, he found the whole situation funny, and Jungwon's reactions made it even more entertaining. 

The school president went quiet for a while. Trying to remember last night. He must have liked one of his posts while falling asleep. Dumb move. While he was still trying to pull himself back in the right mind, Jay observed him closely with pursed lips.

"Are you going to sit, or can I go back to sleeping?" The boy asked pointing to the available place next to him.

"Whatever," he replied defeated, then added whispering. "I didn't come here to rest anyway." He turned around and went in the opposite wall's direction. 

Jay slowly lay down and observed the boy with half-opened eyes. Jungwon put his bag on the floor and reached for the airpods, that were inside. He quickly connected them to his phone and played the music. He swiftly looked back at Jay, trying to see if the other was looking at him. Jay sensed danger just a second before their eyes met and closed his eyes in time. Jungwon calmed down and put his phone on the floor. 

He walked to the center, and while the first song started playing, he began to stretch and move his joints. He decided to face the wall opposite Jay. He felt less embarrassed that way than if he had accidentally caught him staring. Even though he was a dancer meant to be seen by others, he felt intimidated to practice in front of a new student he barely knew. 

Dancing on this stairway was his daily routine for three consecutive years, from the moment his senior showed it to him. His 'patrols' made everyone stay away from that spot, so if any students were trying to smoke or have a moment to relax, they would be immediately scolded and got rid of.  However, Jay didn't fear him at all, and that would normally mean unleashing Jungwon's inner fighter. The new student's indifferent behavior towards everyone and cheeky but truthful remarks made it difficult for the school's president to disagree with him. 

He could have left the spot when he saw the boy sleeping there, but he would have lost that irrelevant battle, that he made up on his own. Now he was dancing before him trying to make his mind think Jay didn't even exist.

The next song started playing. It was the same one used in their actual performance. He moved slowly, dancing his part and counting aloud the steps. His phone looped the music, and he kept on repeating his part over and over again. As time passed his mind truly forgot the existence of Jay. His head slowly turned around, afraid of making awkward eye contact. He sighed a sigh of relief when he saw the student napping. 

❝chaconne forever❞ jaywon sunsunOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara