18 × cat talk

Jungwon sighed with every step he took. He filled the abandoned staircase with heavy breathing and constant muttering under his nose. Due to the sound, Jay thought a zombie apocalypse broke out outside while he was napping on the bench in his secret spot. He was sleeping, with one earphone, but he sat up immediately when he heard the steps.

"Hi?" Jay greeted the boy, whose face was stern. When he saw Jay he sighed once more. "I thought we were already on normal terms, yet you still can't stand seeing me."

"It's not you this time," Jungwon answered. The other didn't know whether to feel grateful or hurt. The boy put down his bag and took a seat next to Jay. "How many appointments have you made?" He quickly changed the topic and leaned his back against the wall.

Jay searched for an answer in his head but had trouble counting. He reached for his phone and opened the notes app.

"Two, four in total."

"Only four?!" Jungwon exclaimed and took Jay's phone. "It's been three days already, and you only managed to make four appointments? On top of that, what's Sunghoon doing here," Jungwon chuckled amid frustration.

"Well thanks to Sunghoon, it's four not one..." Jay laughed and took his phone. "I thought it'd go better too, to be honest."

Jungwon stared at him, he put his hands under his thighs and wiggled his legs. He pouted and thought hard of another solution. A marketing strategy to help the boy.

"If Sunghoon admits you're good, more people will come," Jungwon nodded slowly while talking. Jay peeked at him, their eyes met, but Jungwon was thinking hard. "Can I book two lessons?"

"You?" Jay chuckled, his shoulders going up while grinning. "You already helped me enough, more of your help will make me look pathetic."

"It's not to help you." Jungwon narrowed his eyes. "I always wanted to play guitar. Never really had time or will."

"Like you have time for it now, you're always running some errands." Jay denied it and went back to his phone. He refreshed his post on the school app, but there was no new activity there.

"Is it bad to want hobbies? And I have time, right now for example." Jungwon shrugged his shoulders. "You don't work 'til late anymore, so you don't have to nap during the lunch break to make up for the lost sleep, right? You have no reason to not agree."

"In theory yes, in practice I am chronically tired. Why are you so eager though?" Jay looked at him, his one brow raised. He locked his phone, and put the hand behind his back. The boy played with his fingers, unsure how to answer. "Does it have to do with the thing you were sighing about earlier?"

"Huh, smartass," Jungwon commented and shook his head surprised. "Yes, but the part about my hobbies is true. I don't mind learning." Jungwon lifted his legs and crossed them on the bench. Then, he looked at the boy and the guitar beside him.

"Ok, then," Jay chuckled. He saw the student's eyes light up for a second. "But only if you tell me what's wrong."

Actually, can you forget when I told you to actually forget when I had told you not to get close to me? Why did I even say that? Jungwon was thinking at the time.

He noticed how Jay used questions to make him talk about himself. And he didn't like that. However, it was the only way to get close to someone new, and he couldn't blame the boy for doing exactly what Jungwon asked for. He didn't want to be a hypocrite, no matter how uncomfortable opening up was. He bit his lower lip.

"Just a fight with Sunoo," Jungwon answered and scratched his arm since it was itching.

"They happen pretty often, don't they?" Jay noticed, he turned his body slightly more towards Jungwon. "Are you ok?"