23 × suppressed smiles

"Aren't you in a great mood teacher?" Sunghoon chuckled while tuning the guitar.

He looked at the boy sitting before him. Jay tried to suppress his smile, but smiley eyes sold him out. He held his guitar and taught his friend how to tune it properly.

"How did the dinner go?" Sunghoon asked further, his brows raised out of curiosity.

"I'm not sure..." he wondered remembering Jungwon's words. His friend tilted his head confused.

"Then, why are you so happy? Did something else happen?"

"No," Jay spat and shook his head. He looked at the phone and the timer. "Hurry up, we have to continue with the lesson."

"First time I want to gossip and I'm rejected," Sunghoon sighed jokingly but then smiled.

"Gosh," Jay rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. "After the dinner, Jungwon stayed in my house until evening."

"Oh?!" Sunghoon exclaimed, his eyes widening, and a grin appeared on his face. "This is why are you so smiley? What were you two doing, hm?" He shrugged his shoulders while raising one of his brows.

"Just a good mood, leave it," Jay laughed and punched Sunghoon's arm. "I finished editing my videos, then we played some games, and that's it," Jay explained calmly, then shook his head, and added whispering, "he was a bit stressed, after meeting with his parents. He seemed to not want to go back home, so I offered to hang out."

"Hm, that could be the case," Sunghoon admitted and pondered for a second.

"Do you know them?" Jay asked this time.

"Um, not personally," Sunghoon bit his lower lip thinking. "My father had a business with his once, and we met on a few occasions. Intimidating and typical business people. And the rumors-" Sunghoon regretted mentioning it.

"What rumors?" Jay furrowed his brows. Sunghoon wondered if he had said too much. However, everyone knew, so why would Jay be left alone in unawareness?

"Hm, the rumors about Jungwon's sister. She was once a student here," Sunghoon began, as he pushed his chair closer to Jay. Then continued whispering, "One day their parents took her away from the school. Her friends told others that she moved abroad. A few days later, a male teacher got fired, and there was no record of him later either. No one was able to find him."

"Oh?" Jay tilted his head interested in the story.

"They say they had a romance, and she got pregnant with that teacher."

"Oh my. What possible romance could a teenager have with a teacher? This is sick," Jay's face expressed disgust at the rumor. 

"Well, it's not confirmed, so I hope it's not true, but no one has contact with Jungwon's sister, and he never mentions her too. It's like she was always a ghost." 

But he told me about her in the notes yesterday. That can't be the case. Jay thought doubting the story.

"Well, his parents were scary. They said I can't go back to the old jobs, since it's gonna ruin the reputation of the school. But they'll be in touch," Jay mocked them in the last sentence.

"I'm sorry," Sunghoon said trying to cheer him up. "Do you have many appointments?" 

"Not much, but they keep on booking, so maybe there will be more next week."

"Ok, then let's continue this lesson," Sunghoon decided and let out a sigh. "I promised Sunoo I wouldn't be late to the practice."

"Oh, sure, let's continue."

❝chaconne forever❞ jaywon sunsunOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara