chapter 11

Last time

Naruto:a demon on one side and a samurai on the other, both without fear of death, mind if I give you a hand demon of the mist?

*Naruto said at a distance already pointing his bow and arrow at another bandit. Zabuza gave a weak cackle*

Zabuza:just make sure you aim that thing right and don't shoot me

*that day even far away in the town people could hear the screams of the bandits as Naruto and Zabuza killed them all without a second thought or a hint of mercy*

Now

Hours later

*We see Naruto on top or a cliff, in front of Naruto there was a grave that overlooked the setting sun, he was giving a small prayer to his friend*

Naruto: may you find the peace that you deserved Haku my friend. Your gold will forever be in my memories

*Naruto said softly as he turned around and looked at Zabuza leaning against a tree. Sadly for Zabuza that bridge wasn't his final resting place, Naruto could see it in his eyes, he saw it in the eyes of so many people outside of iron country, the eyes of someone who was lost, and Zabuza? he was lost. Naruto walked up to the freshly bandaged man*

Naruto:if I'm so bold to ask, what's next for you now mist demon?

*Zabuza looked at the boy he was going to kill just hours before then back at the ground*

Zabuza:that's a good question. A one arm Shinobi won't make it far in this world, much less since I lost the Kubikiribōchō in our battle. Won't be long till mist ninja figure out that the demon been declawed, and come after me. I give it 1 to 2 weeks before they send them out

Naruto:hm, maybe I can help

*Naruto took a scroll out and handed it to Zabuza, Zabuza took it and opened it it was a map, Zabuza looked back at the man who he was only moments ago about to kill*

Zabuza:what is this?

Naruto:I have been on many places in my travels, one of them was a monastery that take in wounded or lost people, to give them another chance in life, if they can survive the challenges of getting there, If you do you'll be safe since the place is hidden from the world unless you know where to look you'll never find it

Zabuza:then why give this to me? I'm passed redemption

*Naruto shook his head and looked at the setting sun with a frown that phrase, how Naruto despised that frase, a frase only a weakling would make to excuse accountability*

Naruto:I hate it when people say that, no one is passed redemption it's just a matter of how much you're willing to work to achieve it. And you can do what you want with that map all I'm doing is giving you a chance, to go where you cannot follow. A chance to keep haku's dream and part of his spirit alive in this cursed world. Do with that what you will

*Naruto said as he bowed at Haku and then at Zabuza before walking away. Zabuza looked at the map then at haku's grave, Zabuza walked to it placing his only hand on the large rock*

Zabuza: where you are.....where you are I cannot follow I might never be able to follow you, so...thank you Haku, thank you for following me for so long....

*Zabuza walked the opposite direction from Naruto and raised his hand as snow started to fall on the cliff side, Zabuza couldn't help but give out a soft chuckle*

Zabuza:Haku Is that you? Are you crying for me...?

*Zabuza said to the snowing sky as he slowly disappeared by the mist the snow created, to where only Zabuza's heart knows*