2

CHAPTER 2 — VEIL

What kind of idiot would pick on the strong?

I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T FORGET.

──── ────

"What, you crying?" He said, looking down at Utahime from a staircase.

"No, I'm not crying! And be more polite!" Utahime yelled.

"If I cried, would you console me?" Mei asked, walking towards Gojo, "I'd certainly appreciate that."

"Nah, you wouldn't cry, Mei-san. You're strong, after all," he replied, looking away from Utahime.

Mei chuckled, "Is that so?"

Utahime suddenly got up from all the bricks, "Gojo, you listen here! I don't need your hel—"

A cursed spirit suddenly emerged from the ground, making Utahime slowly turn around. Not too long after, the curse was engulfed in the mouth of another cursed spirit.

"Don't swallow it," Geto said to the cursed spirit, "I'll absorb it later."

He walked towards Gojo, "Satoru, you know it's not nice to pick on the weak, right?"

"What kind of idiot would pick on the strong?" Gojo replied arrogantly.

"You're the one fanning the flames like it comes naturally, Geto," Mei said.

"No matter," you interrupted, ending their conversation, "I'm glad that you two aren't hurt, Utahime and Mei."

"Utahime-senpai!" Shoko said, running behind you, "Are you okay? I was worried about you. We haven't heard from you in two whole days."

Utahime suddenly stopped her angry glare and looked at you and Shoko in happiness, "Shoko! Haebaru!" She shouted, running towards you two.

You and Shoko were caught in a tight hug by Utahime, both of you laughing nervously.

"Shoko, Haebaru, don't let yourselves turn out like those two!" She shouted as she hugged you both tightly.

"Don't worry, I won't turn out like those trash," Shoko said, laughing.

"Yeah.. And please, call me Y/N," you said, patting Utahime's back.

"Right.. sorry," Utahime replied, "and, wait, two days?"

You hummed, "It was probably one of the barriers that mess with time. It looks like you lost track of how many days you've been kept in it."

"Yeah. They're rare, but they happen every now and then," Gojo agreed, "I thought it was odd, since Mei-san was with you."

"Seems like it was," Mei replied, "...oh!"

"Something the matter?" Gojo asked.

"No, I just remembered that I was in here for two days, and that would be considered overtime, so I'd be getting paid extra fees."