16

CHAPTER 16 — NEW STUDENT

Hey, you. What about me?

I THOUGHT SHE SAID SHE WASN'T INTERESTED?

──── ────

The three of you arrived to Yuji's dorm, making him exclaim loudly.

"Woah!" He gasped, "This place is huge!"

As Yuji explored and ran around the room, Gojo stated, "All the second and third-years are out at the moment. But you'll meet them soon enough. There aren't really many of them."

Gojo stared at Yuji and smiled, "You know there's not really a reason for you to fight, right? Fushiguro, Y/N and I could retrieve Sukuna's fingers. You could just wait here."

"It's fine! I said I'd do it, and I'm doing it!" Yuji said, "Though lazing around while Fushiguro would come in all beaten up to bring me a finger would be a funny sight."

"That's true," Gojo said and chuckled, "Well, there's no way in hell you're not fighting."

"Wait, so you were testing me?!" Yuji yelled.

Gojo put a finger to Yuji's lips, "If they were that easy to find, we would've found them already. Some have an overwhelming presence. Some keep very quiet. Some have already been consumed by a cursed spirit. There's nothing more annoying when it comes to searching for them. But, now we have you. To regain its power, the Sukuna within you will direct you to all the other fingers. You're both vessel and locator, our very own radar. So we won't get anywhere without you in the field."

"You think he's gonna be that nice?" Yuji asked.

"It would be a win-win agreement, would it not?" You hummed as the three of you exit his dorm.

You saw Megumi exit his dorm too, scratching the back of his head. He looked at the three of you, "Wait, you're next door? Hello, Y/N-sensei."

Megumi gave you a small polite bow, to which you smiled at.

"This guy never greets me politely! Only does it to Y/N!" Gojo huffed.

"Oh, Fushiguro!" Yuji exclaimed, "You're looking good for real this time."

Megumi clicked his tongue, "There were plenty of other empty rooms, weren't there?"

"I thought it'd be more lively this way, you know—"

Megumi cut Gojo off, "Missions and classes are enough. This was an unwelcome favor."

Itadori peeked at Megumi's room, "Wow, it's so organized in here."

"Back off," Megumi grumbled, "I just said you're not welcome!"

Megumi shut the door on Itadori's head, making him squeal in pain.

Gojo clasped his hands together, "Well, it's all good! More importantly, we're heading out tomorrow!"

"Seriously?" Megumi muttered.

"We're gonna go pick up the third first-year," you explained kindly, "It's really nothing bad."