37

CHAPTER 37YASOHACHI BRIDGE

Do you mean that rumor? About the Yasohachi Bridge jumping?

THIS MISSION'S GONNA PISS ME OFF.

──── ────

"Kanada, Shimada, Yamato, and Morishita, too." Takeda said. "I was shocked to hear about their deaths. I can't believe it's been twenty years since they graduated. It feels like it was only yesterday."

"There were problem children in their own right, though not as bad as you." He looked at Megumi and chuckled. "What did you want to know?"

Megumi raised his hand, "Any strange and dark rumors related to bad people?"

"Hey! Problem child!" Nobara and Yuji mocked.

"Maybe something like karma, getting what they had coming." Megumi kept a straight face as he balled his fist and punched Yuji right in the face.

"Dark rumors?" Takeda echoed. "There may have been troublemakers, but nothing beyond average middle school stuff. And as for karma..."

"Do you mean that rumor?" The black-haired delinquent asked, "About the Yasohachi Bridge bungee jumping?"

"You're still here, A and B?" Nobara muttered.

"Yasohachi Bridge?" Yuji echoed.

"A notorious suicide spot. It's also quite famous for paranormal activity," you explained.

"Oh, that's right!" Takeda exclaimed, "Bungee jumping off the bridge late at night was all the rage among punks back then. It was like a test of courage."

Nobara rolled her eyes. "What kinda gang is that?"

"I'm surprised there are people dumber than me!" Yuji said with a vacant expression on his face.

"What do you use for a cord?" Megumi asked the two delinquents, not making eye contact.

"We don't do it." The black-haired boy said. "It's the generation before us, but we've heard stories."

"One day, Kanada and the other three were absent without notice." Takeda stated. "That wasn't all that unusual by itself, but when we contacted their families, it turned out that they hadn't come home the night before. The news spread like wildfire, then they were found unconscious under the bridge. They got chewed out good, but all four swore up and down that they didn't remember anything."

────˚··˚────

The sun was slowly starting to set. It was a bit later in the evening after that whole discussion, and the five of you were back at the parking lot, grouped in front of the car.

"I think that's it," Nitta sighed.

"I've been to Yasohachi Bridge before, with Y/N-sensei," Megumi said.

"To bungee jump?" Yuji asked, immediately getting punched in the head. "Ow!"

"It's easy for curses to take root in haunted locations, just like in school, so people from Jujutsu Tech regularly patrol it." Megumi stated. "I didn't find anything unusual at the time. There might be rumours but it's still used as a normal bridge."