14

CHAPTER 14 — INTEREST

There's something off about you.

YOU'RE AN INTERESTING WOMAN...IT MAKES ME NOT WANNA KILL YOU.

──── ────

Yuji finally got back from his old highschool. Gojo welcomed him back and invited him to take a seat on the bench. You arrived a bit later, but still had the chance to join in the conversation.

"Who passed away?" You heard Gojo ask as you approached them, "Oh, hey Y/N!"

"My grandpa, though he was like a father to me," Yuji replied after you waved at Gojo.

"I see, I'm sorry to bother you as such a time," Gojo apologized, "So? Have you decided on what you want to do?"

"..Are casualties from curses like these pretty common?" Yuji asked hesitantly.

"This one was a rather exceptional case," Gojo replied, "But it terms of damage, it happens all the time. It's a good night when someone dies a normal death after running into a curse. Finding a body all torn apart is one of the better outcomes. If you plan to hunt down Sukuna, you're going to have to witness a lot of gruesome stuff. I cant guarantee you won't end up that way yourself. It's basically a choose your hell, I guess."

Yuji looked down in thought, "But how do you fix all the damage to the buildings and whatnot?"

"Y/N pays," Gojo replied immediately.

"Doesn't that cost a lot?!"

"It does, for me," Gojo shrugged, "But she pays without problem."

You chuckled as you stared at Yuji's dumbfounded face.

"..Oh, right," Yuji mumbled, "Can I go to the crematorium to pick up my grandfather's ashes?"

"Of course," Gojo said, followed by you nodding.

────˚··˚────

You and Gojo leaned against the wall as Yuji picked up his grandfather's ashes and bones.

"If all of Sukuna's parts were gone, would there be fewer people harmed by curses?" Yuji asked.

He set down the chopsticks and closed the bin, "..Miss, do you still have that finger?"

You nodded, taking the finger out of your pocket and handing it to him.

He thanked you and took it, taking a close look at it, "Looking at it again, it looks pretty disgusting.."

You and Gojo took a few steps back, waiting for Yuji to swallow the finger. Yuji threw the finger in his mouth and forced himself to swallow it. He seemed to be struggling to take it in, holding his neck to support himself. Gojo's hand twitched, his guard up and prepared for any sort of attack from Sukuna. Yuji was breathing heavily and gasping for air, approaching you and putting his head on the wall for some sort of support. Gojo immediately pulled you behind him, his guard high up. Yuji started laughing for a few seconds before regaining his composure and making a grimace.