19

CHAPTER 19 — BLADE TO HEAVEN

Hang on tight.

MEGUMI, WHY DID YOU COME HERE..?

──── ────

"How?! Why?!" Nobara whined, pointing towards the entrance and looking at Itadori, "We just came through there, didn't we?!"

Yuji nodded as they both started saying in a sing-song voice while dancing together, "What should we do? Ah, what do we do about this?"

"It'll be fine," Megumi said throughout their singing.

"The dog remembers the scent of the entrance," you hummed, turning your back on the closed entrance.

"Oh, my!" Nobara and Yuji said together, clasping their hands together.

They both ran towards the dog and started praising it, petting its fur, "Good boy! Have some jerky! Have all the jerky you want!"

"You two are way too calm!" Megumi grumbled, "Besides, we're safe with Y/N-sensei!"

"You're so dependable, Fushiguro," Yuji said sincerely, "Thanks to you, we'll be able to save people and ourselves too!"

"How cute," you giggled.

Megumi looked at him, then towards the ground, "..Let's get moving."

The five of you (including the dog) walked around, up a few stairs and then towards a dark room. Itadori looked around then spotted something in the distance, immediately running towards it, the rest of you following behind. Upon getting closer to this 'thing', Yuji's eyes widened and his brows knitted together, staring at the now dead people before him.

"Atrocious.." Megumi mumbled, "That's.. three people, right?"

Yuji's face remained serious as he grabbed the side of one of the man' shirt, revealing its name tag, "Okazaki Tadashi".

"Oh," you hummed, a brow raising upon reading the name, who used to belong to the son of the elderly woman who was worried sick.

You, with a small meaningless smile, looked up and down the body who was completely split in half, body cold and arms torn apart. You walked close, towards the body and inspected the face with you fingers who moved the head around. You then let out a scoff as you stood back up and stepped back.

"Disgusting!" Nobara shrieked, "Y/N-sensei, how could you touch him so nonchalantly?!"

"The curse even distorted his face by the slightest," you pointed out with a smile, then stared at Itadori who was practically gripping the dead man's shirt with a furious look.

"We're bringing this body back," Yuji said seriously, loosening his grip on the man's shirt.

Dead silence.

It was almost as if time stopped as Nobara and Megumi went completely silent, processing his rather shocking words. Their eyes widened, an expression that seemed to be confusion mixed with disgust apparent on their faces. Their brows furrowed as their faces contorted with this same expression, completely disapproving Itadori's command.