7

CHAPTER 7 — DANCE OF A THOUSAND BLADES

Scars of Hatred.

I'M SURPRISED I MANAGED TO EVEN LAST THIS LONG WITHOUT TAKING MY EYEPATCH. YOU JUST REALLY DON'T WANT TO FIGHT ME, HUH? OR IS IT JUST ME BEING ABLE TO 'LUCKILY' AVOID YOU IN COMBATS?

──── ────

You removed your eyepatch right after taking a few slashes for Geto, freezing the man in his movements and making him turn his head around to look at you with wide and slightly confused eyes. He then immediately looked away once he saw the gleaming red light from your uncovered eye.

"Scars of Hatred."

The ground opened up with red light under the cracks, dozens of blades immediately coming out of them and aiming for the man. You stared at him with a menacing glare as you approached him, opening your fan and ready to attack.

"I'm surprised I managed to last this long without the need to remove my eyepatch up until now. You just really don't want to fight me, huh? Or is it just me being able to 'luckily' avoid combat with you?" You asked, your uncovered eye glinting red.

He scoffed as he focused on deflecting all the sharp blades, still getting cut a few times by them, "Wouldn't fight a battle that even I would probably lose."

"I'm glad you at least know that," you waved your fan slightly, then slowly going quicker, "It's a shame you'll lose this time, though. I must admit— you're pretty smart for not looking at my eye when I don't have my eyepatch covering it."

You glanced at him smiling, though you could tell he was clearly in distress, "Tell me, what is your name?"

"Fushiguro Toji," he replied arrogantly, "Better remember that."

You scoffed, the speed of your waving of the fan creating winds that cut through skin.

Geto stared at you in shock, though he avoided your eye. You gave him a signal to run, which he did. He got up and ran away from the scene, leaving you and the unknown man alone.

You immediately waved your fan the quickest you could, creating winds that could pierce through the bone. "I wonder if you can deflect this?"

As your blades were still following him around and attacking him, he jumped and bolted away from you, though you were quick to follow. A few minutes later, your blades ceased to follow him and your winds dulled. You were the both inside the forest, on high alert for each other's presence.

"I'll give you a heads up, if you don't want to die," you said in an eerily calm tone.

"My cursed technique can be divided into four parts. Chaos, Destruction, Wavering Soul and Wind," you explained, listening in to his footsteps.

"But, honestly.." you hummed as you sent out mini tornadoes to cut down trees, revealing the man, "I only use Chaos and Wind. The others are kind of annoying to use."

"How did you—" He cut himself off to deflect the blades of the winds.

"Most of the times I don't even bother to use any of them. Just raw strength," you scoffed before putting your eyepatch on, "I can kill you without this eyepatch too. All you do is jump around like a fucking monkey, not even trying to fight back— only deflecting and dodging."