25

CHAPTER 25 — PERFECT OPPORTUNITY

You want to go get Yuji?

AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW? MY AMAZING HIGHER-UP Y/N IS HERE, SO OF COURSE I HAVE TO SHOW OFF A LITTLE!

──── ────

"Amusing, you say?" He echoed, making a small rock pop out of his volcano head just to pop it right back in and splash a small amount of magma on the floor. "You have no sense of danger at all, miss, do you?"

"You should be one to talk!" You let out a laugh. "Attacking us? With no backup with you? Talk about no sense of danger!"

The curse simply gritted his teeth and pointed towards you and Gojo. "Ember Insects!"

"Well, it was the right move to target us, wasn't it?" Gojo mused nonchalantly, grabbing your shoulder and pulling you towards him, making you collide against his chest. "No sense of danger my ass."

You let out a soft snicker as you noticed his signal. You concentrated your finger right between your brows, summoning a see-through black barrier that stopped the bugs right as they were about to pierce through your face with their stingers.

"You could have just stopped them with your Infinity, couldn't you?" You mumbled to him, earning a cheeky stuck-out tongue in response.

"What would happen if this were to sting one of us?" Gojo asked, only having fun with this situation.

Not too long after, the bugs started screaming and shrieking. A two-stage sound, you thought. As you were focusing on the sound they were producing, they exploded. It wasn't enough to catch you off guard, but you had to admit— it was interesting, not to mention smart.

You landed on a higher ground along with Gojo, the both of you unscathed and unharmed. "A two-stage sound followed by an explosion? Smart. Props to you."

As you were looking down on the explosions, you heard a manic scream erupt from behind you. You swore that he was going to try aiming for you, but instead, he aimed for Gojo. He landed a hit on Gojo's head, making it burst out in flames.

You let out a hum, watching the curse beat up 'Gojo'.

"Have some more!" He hit his back roughly, and a purple flame rose from his hand. The impact was enough to destroy a majority of things around you, leaving only a huge wave of smoke.

"That's it?" The curse mused. "Looking into it myself, it was just an exaggeration by the weak. That human was just as weak as the rest. He wasn't living a life of truth."

"It's all so nauseatingly repulsive." He waved his hand around to remove the smoke on it, then turned towards you. "Next is you. I'd be a bit more scared if I were you."

You waved your hand on your face, coughing. You then pointed behind the curse. "Finish your precedent battle before you try me, please."

"Huh?" His single eye widened, then he slowly turned around.

"We just went over this a moment ago! When are you gonna learn?" Gojo exclaimed, waving his hand around his face and coughing as well, "Ugh, this smoke."

"What's the meaning of this?" The curse asked lowly.

"Oh," Gojo hummed. "Simply put, you didn't hit me.

"Impossible. That's not what I saw," The curse denied, "I know I touched you and killed you."

"What you touched was the Infinity between us," Gojo replied nonchalantly. "I'll show you."

The curse looked unfazed. You cocked your head curiously, looking at him.

"Put your hand out," Gojo instructed cheekily.

A stoic expression.

"C'mon, c'mon." He wooed.

Still a stoic expression. A stifled laugh could be heard from you.

"C'mon, c'mon. C'mon!"

The curse blinked twice, then stepped forward, holding his hand out in front of Gojo's. His eyes then widened, as he realized that he was unable to touch him. An unknown void was separating the hands by an inch, stopping them from coming in contact with one another.

"See?" You mused. "You do know that he's not exactly stopping you, right? More so the closer you get, the slower you go."

"So, what do you think?" Gojo hummed, inching his hand closer. "Wanna hold hands?"

"Never!" The curse semi-yelled, refusing, though he knew that he would be too slow to get away.

"Don't be shy, now," Gojo replied with a jokingly flirty tone, lacing his and the curse's fingers together, "You're making me embarrassed too."

On the other hand, you were trying not to laugh at how unserious he was being, though you were failing to do so.

"Damn you!" The curse yelled, though he was immediately hit in the stomach swiftly and harshly by Gojo.

The curse spat out blood, though it was deflected by Gojo's Infinity. He couldn't even let go of his hand, so he was prone to even more hits.

"Have some more!" Gojo mocked, swinging and kicking at him, which sent him flying in the air.

"Infinity exists everywhere," Gojo stated, putting a finger up. "My Jujutsu brings it into reality. And what do you know? My amazing higher-up Y/N is here, so I obviously have to show off a little!"

You let out a chuckle as a void developed right on his finger. It glowed red as a strong presence of cursed energy enveloped his body.

"Convergence and divergence," he introduced. "What do you think would happen if you touched this void?"

"Cursed Technique Reversal: Red."

You watched intently as the whole area was engulfed in a red light. The amount of cursed energy imbedded in the void destroyed a part of the forest, sending the curse flying. He gave you a signal to follow him, which you did, going deep in the forest.

The curse was trying to create distance by running to have some space for his melee attacks, though Gojo was too fast. He didn't even let the curse create counter-attacks as he kept swinging at kicking— barely even using cursed energy. Finally, it was able to find an opening, erupting a flame that glowed purple from his hands. But before he knew it, you and Gojo were behind him. You gave him a kind wave as Gojo went on to kick him, sending him flying towards the nearby lake.

"Oh, this is perfect," Gojo remarked.

"You want to go get Yuji?" You assumed, looking at him.

All he did was grin, which gave you both the obvious signal to go get Yuji.