21

CHAPTER 21 — THE SOUL'S PASSAGE TO LIGHT

Sukuna, you aren't going for one of my students.

...LIVE A LONG LIFE.

──── ────

You knew that Itadori swapping with Sukuna was the worst-case scenario. But not being able to switch back? That's a whole different story. If he wasn't going to switch back any soon, you'd be forced to execute him, an action that would pain you and others. Not to mention, this is the most annoying outcome that this situation could have.

"Oh, please tell me you can change to Yuji," you pleaded with a worried tone.

"Oh, he's long gone, alright," Sukuna said, his grin staying on his face, "Where's that dark-haired brat?"

"Sukuna," your calm and collected stare was reduced to a hateful glare, "You aren't going for one of my students."

"Who says?" He hummed, "You know I'm not going to kill you, so I'll have my fun with that guy instead."

With that, he disappeared into thin air, making your breath hitch. You had to move fast, but where could he have gone? At times like this, you'd rely on your third eye for some sort of clairvoyance, but nothing would show up. It was all foggy, and your mind was going through a storm of panicked thoughts. Sukuna is on the loose with one of his fingers who would simply amplify his power, he's on the search for Megumi and you have no idea where they could be.

────˚··˚────

The first location you could think of was the entrance. It was logical enough, seeing as Megumi would probably wait outside because he knew that it would be a bad idea to butt into the battle. You let out a sigh as you appeared at the entrance, in front of Megumi, who was barely able to move due to the fear and shock at the sight of Sukuna.

"Y/N-sensei!" He gasped, surprised at your sudden appearance.

You gave him a half-hearted smile and waved, then turned to look at Sukuna who was shirtless.

"It's only a matter of time before he switches back," Sukuna said then put his hand up, "Which is why I thought about doing what I'm about to do right now."

Yours and Megumi's eyes widened as the two of you watched him reach towards his chest. You immediately, in the blink of an eye, lunged towards him to try to stop him, but his hand was already plunged in deep, blood spilling out of his chest and mouth. An evil laugh escaped his lips as he grabbed ahold of his heart.

"Wh-What are you—"

Megumi cut himself off as he gasped, staring at the blood that formed a small puddle before Sukuna.

Your eyes widened even further, a few veins popping out from your forehead as you grit your teeth in both anger and stress.

He pulled his hand out, even more blood gushing out. You could see clearly that he was holding Yuji's beating heart in his hand, though the beating slowed down.

Oh, how you wish you could apologize to everything at this very moment. How could you be so strong, yet so weak in situations like these? You desperately wanted Gojo to appear out of nowhere to help you solve things, but of course it wouldn't happen, seeing as he is already in a business trip for his own individual mission. In the end, you truly could only save a selected few. Even Special Grades who are way below your level can somehow twist your mind to overpower you.