35

CHAPTER 35 — BASEBALL

My goodness, Y/N! You look so pretty today!

PLAY BALL!

──── ────

The next day, you asked for everyone to gather up outside wearing their sport uniforms. It was hot, so you figured you'd put your hair up in a small ponytail. You provided baseball equipment for everyone, asking for them to warm up and stretch before doing anything of the sort. You yourself did a few stretches beside Gojo, loosening up your muscles. This event was especially funny to you, because Yaga and Gakuganji were arguing on whether to do baseball or individual fights. Respecting your authority, though, they decided to finally go with baseball.

"My goodness, Y/N!" Gojo swooned. "You look so pretty today!"

You stifled a laugh. "Quit joking around."

"I'm serious! The ponytail really suits you!" He said with a grin.

He was wearing his sunglasses, just like back in highschool. You smiled, staring at them.

"You look like back in high school with those sunglasses. Except this time they're not round." You chuckled.

"Really?" He hummed.

You and Gojo stood behind Yuji as Miwa marched towards the two of you with the baseball bat in her hands. Yuji was the catcher in this case, and Maki was the pitcher.

"Play ball!" Gojo shouted, indicating that it was okay to start.

Maki warmed up twice before ultimately throwing the ball at an alarmingly fast speed, but Miwa was able to hit it. The ball flew right in the air, and Nishimiya took off running.

Toge caught the ball and passed it to Panda, who caught it in his turn.

"Out!" Gojo called out.

Nishimiya stopped running, looking at him with a confused look on her face. "Huh? Why?"

"If you don't know the rules, just say so!" Utahime said.

"I know the rules!" Nishimiya shouted. "When the ball's hit, I run!"

You let out a chuckle, seeing the two arguing. Yuji then kneeled down again as Kamo walked over with a bat in his hands.

"A sacrifice fly?!" Nishimiya yelled in the distance. "What's that, some new form of torture?!"

"You're hopelessly clueless!" Utahime cried.

"I heard you fended off a Special Grade." Kamo said.

"Huh?" Yuji hummed. "Oh, well, not really. It was all thanks to Todo and Gojo-sensei. Don't you need a helmet?"

"..Itadori," Kamo called out, "Why did you become a Jujutsu sorcerer?"

"At first, it kinda just happened." Yuji replied. "But I'm a lonely guy. I wanna help out lots of people and have lots of them watching over me when I die."