9

CHAPTER 9 — SUGURU

Get more sleep. Your eyebags are worsening day by day.

IS IT NOT HARD OR TIRING BEING A JUJUTSU SORCERER? WHAT BECKONS YOU TO STAY AS ONE?

──── ────

A few days after you finished discussing missions with your fellow higher-ups, you roamed around the school to find Geto sitting alone on a bench in front of a few vending machines with water dripping off his hair as he seemed like he was lost in thought. You hummed, deciding to walk up to him.

"Suguru," you smiled, sitting down next to him, "You okay?"

He looked at you, "Oh, Y/N. Yeah, I'm fine."

"Good work on your latest mission. It wasn't too hard, was it?" You asked.

"No, it was actually really easy," he sighed, "Was it your doing?"

"Yeah, I told them to lay it off a bit on you," you hummed, "I get it, you're strong, and so is Satoru, but none of you should be going on missions that take so long to finish or really hard missions, you get me? Besides, I can't imagine how cursed spirits taste like when you absorb them."

"Yeah.. Cursed spirits taste pretty bad," he nodded and chuckled, "Thank you, Y/N."

"No problem." You gave him a thumbs-up and smiled, "And, your hair is still wet. You'll get a headache, you know? Go and dry it soon. And get more sleep. Your eyebags are worsening day by day, Suguru."

"I will," he chuckled.

You heard footsteps approach you from behind the vending machine.

"Oh, Y/N-san, and Geto-san!" Haibara exclaimed.

"Oh, Yu," you smiled and waved.

"Haibara," Geto said, unexpected to see him.

"Good work out there!" Haibara stood still and bowed.

"Want anything to drink?" Geto asked, inviting him to take a seat next to you both.

He frowned, "Huh? I'd feel bad! But I'll take a Cola!"

Geto chuckled, getting up from his seat and buying the Cola for Haibara. Haibara exclaimed a 'thank you' to him, then they both went to sit next to you on the bench. He set his Cola can down on one side after taking a few sips.

"I'm going pretty far away for a mission tomorrow," Haibara said, looking at the both of you.

"Huh," you smiled, "I'll be cheering for you."

Geto hummed, "That so? In that case, bring back souvenirs."

"Of course!" Haibara grinned, "Do you prefer sweet stuff or salty stuff?"

Geto closed his eyes and thought for a second, "Let's see.. I know Y/N likes sweet things, and Satoru might eat some too, so bring that."

"Why not bring both?" You thought, looking at Haibara, "I like eating the two of the flavours. I'll just give you my black card so that you get to buy lots of souvenirs for yourself and others. Does that sound good?"