Arrival at the palace...

Arlecchino rolled her eyes at the drunken god's advances. There was no chance of her falling for her inebriated charms.

"Miss Furina, we're here."

Arlecchino quickly dropped Furina at the doorstep of the Palais Mermonia. Furina seemed distracted. By what? Who knows...

"Oh, thanks, I suppose, for the 'ride' here..." Furina sighed as she approached the door

Though Arlecchino noticed the disappointment in Furina's eyes, she had no intention of entertaining the idea of a conversation while Furina was under the influence.

"I have business to attend to, Miss Furina. Perhaps we can talk when you're sober," Arlecchino said firmly.

Furina nodded in defeat, realizing that drinking was probably not the best idea.

"Yeah, yeah, run along now," Furina said, waving her off. "This was just embarrassing-hic..."

Furina walked into the building, closed the door behind her and continued. But as she reached the hall, she had a moment of realisation.

"Wait, did she just say she wanted to talk to me later, and I ignored her!?" Furina asked herself incredulously.

Furina felt embarrassed that she had missed her opportunity to get to know Arlecchino better. She leaned against the wall, annoyed with herself.

"Dammit, I had a chance.. W-Why am I so stupid??" Furina muttered, her voice quivering with dissatisfaction and disappointment in herself

In her disappointment, Furina decided to head to her room. As she collapsed onto her bed, she couldn't help but wonder why she felt so drawn to Arlecchino, A mortal she knows nothing- almost nothing about... Her name did ring a bell.. But where possibly from?

"W-why do I like her?" Furina asked herself, tears welling up, but not falling.

Alcohol has a way of amplifying various emotions of those who consume it. In Furina's case, it can easily bring out her inner sadness, or bring her to a more confident self...
However, there's one thing the alcohol can't taint

The way she feels love