A Convenient Encounter...

"I-I slept in!?"

Furina quickly got up and out of her room, and sped down the stairs as she tried to find Neuvillette.

After going into the meeting room, she ran up to him.
"I-Is there any trials today??"
Neuvillette is surprised at the sight before him..
"Uhm.. yes, in ten minutes. You look far from presentable, my Lady..."
Furina rolled her eyes,
"Hush it, Water-snorter!"
After sticking her tongue out at him, she dashed back up towards her chambers to get ready. She quickly entered her ensuite and looked at herself in the mirro-

"AHH!! WHAT THE-oh, it's just mascara.."

She sighed in relief, quickly taking a damp towel and wiping her face clean from yesterday's make-up...
"Huh..? Was I crying or something? I mean, I was drunk so... Meh"

After she finished up in the bathroom, she went back into her room and towards her wardrobe.

"What to wear, what to wear to court..."

She took out one of her usual neat light blue tailcoats, a dark blue shirt and a white waistcoat. All with a water theme, as well as matching waterdrop accessories. She always wanted to look her best, like how an actor must look their part for each performance. Looking the part is crucial for the audience to believe in their act, right?
She quickly changed into clean clothes, and then went back to her mirror to put on some new mascara.
Furina isn't that fond of make-up but tends to use it to make sure she looks as perfect as she can, to make sure her people think the best of her. That's all there is to it, anyway...

After making sure she looked perfect, she quickly made her way back down the stairs, it appeared that Neuvillette and the others had already left. Seems she'd have to get to the aquabus herself. Nothing too hard.

And so, she quickly left the Palais Mermonia and started rushing towards where a private aquabus would be ready for her. There'd be a few Gardes there, and probably Clorinde too.
She continued running, thinking about what type of case would be brought to court today. A murder? Thievery? Perhaps something truly worth listening to! Furina grinned at the idea.. But she was too focused on her exciting thoughts rather than focusing on where she was going, and ran into someone, causing her to trip and fall.

"Ack!.. Ah.. sorry..! I wasn't looking where I was go- H-huh!?"
Furina looked up at who she bumped into, her eyes widening in familiarity.

"C-Cappucino!?.."

The woman was slightly taken aback but held back a slight chuckle at the Archon's mistake.
"It's Arlecchino, Miss..."

Furina blushed in pure embarrassment, as she stood up and brushed herself off,
"Oh, right.. S-sorry! I uh... Didn't mean to do that.. I'm just in a massive rush, and uh... Wasn't looking where I was going..."
It's her, Arlecchino.. the accidental love of Furina's life...
Furina no longer had any focus, except on those gorgeous eyes of Arlecchino's...

Arlecchino nodded and smiled,
"It's quite alright, don't worry Lady Furina..."

Furina was a blushing mess.
"W-well anyways, I'm really in a rush, ma'am.. I've gotta go!"
Furina turned to leave but quickly looked back at Arlecchino.
"Oh! Are you aware of the ball, tomorrow?"

Arlecchino shook her head. Furina grinned.
"It's a masquerade one.. Tomorrow.. at 7, now uh.. Adieu!"
Furina darted off..

Arlecchino smiled to herself.
A ball? And a masquerade one... She's never been to one but has always found the idea quite interesting... Perhaps it's the chance to finally make sure she's on Furina's good side and can lean in on their potential friendship and learn more about Fontaine's secrets...