Tears of an Archon...

Furina sluggishly climbed off the bed, her gaze fixed on the clock on the wall. She could hardly read it, but the moonlight streaming in from her balcony’s window was just enough to make out the time.

11:30.

She'd be asleep by now, but the buzz of the alcohol and the things that transpired earlier were keeping her up... Among her usual various feelings of patheticness, weakness and self-deprecation when things like this happen...
After all, it's not becoming of an archon to fall for a mortal. It sounds so cliché, that Furina would often chuckle at the idea when reading various novels that brought up the topic. She thought it was impossible for any type of god to feel true compassion and love for anyone specific, but now she's not so sure.

What an even bigger cliché.

Furina took some slow steps towards the balcony, the usual stunning view from it looking duller than it usually would. What's the point in seeing such perfect views when you're just all alone..? The view was of houses.. houses with people, families, people with others to love... It made her fists clench with envy.
She pushed the glass doors open and stepped out towards the edge, the whole Court of Fontaine clouded in darkness, the moonlight dared not to interrupt Furina's sorrow.

Furina leant over the railing, taking slow breaths of the cool air that flowed by. She wanted to calm down, but after a day like this and influenced by alcohol? Her emotions wished to run rampant...

It's not that every little thing could set her off, but rather that the one 'little thing' can in reality set off everything piling up and hiding beneath her arrogant and cocky 'personality'.

"Shouldn't being a god be...Fun?"

The sentence drifts around her mind.

"..Of course, it isn't... All these rules for things I can and can't do.. Things I can't experience because I'm just higher up than the mortals, And feelings I can't pursue, because of it!! Just... Why..?"

Furina's thoughts go back and forth, thinking of what to do. She can't snap out of it.

"No.. There's no way I could love her.. We only knew each other for 30 minutes, and it was rather embarrassing.. Why do I feel this way? Am I broken?? I don't even know her!!..

..What am..I doing..? What's wrong with me..!?"

She resisted the urge to scream at the top of her lungs out towards the court...

That's what the pillows were for, Right?..