Meaningless Theatrics in the Moonlight...

Furina's eyes wandered over the moon-illuminated Court of Fontaine, completely lost in her thoughts. She pondered every possibility, scouring through her head for any explanation that didn't involve the one thing she didn't want to admit - she was hopelessly crushing on the woman, despite only having met her by a... A drunken accident, right..?
What was she to do? She knew nothing about her, why on Teyvat was her heart so set on this mortal??

She took a deep breath, and leapt over the railing, risking falling as she took a stance before the endless starry night.

She screamed out into the darkness, her voice laced with drunken desperation, craving an answer.

"W-Who are you really, Arlecchino!? Why can't I get you out of my head?! W-why!.. why!?.."
Furina wipes the tears from her eyes, her cheeks already stained with run-down mascara as she demands an answer from the darkness.

"W-who are you.. And why is my... My heart aching for you??.."

Furina's hopeless cries go silent...

...It seems the endless darkness of the night hasn't the answers Furina craved. so she defeatedly turned back towards the glass door she left open.. and went back inside.

Furina trudged towards her bed, tossing her tailcoat and top hat aside with a frustrated sigh. She crawled under the covers and stared up at the ceiling, her mind racing with doubts about her 'love' for Arlecchino.

As an Archon, she knew she shouldn't be so taken with a mere mortal. But try as she might, she couldn't help the way she felt. Why had she accumulated such feelings? And so, she lays there, her thoughts swirling around until the drunken exhaustion finally took her and she drifted off to a restless sleep...

Even in slumber, she still couldn't escape the thoughts...