A Trial to be held...

"ahem, My dear people.."

Furina's voice echoed throughout the filled Opera house, as the court audience turned to her in awe, minus Neuvillette, his expression was still neutral.
Furina loved her people, and how they cheered for her... But the sting of the hangover made her dread the audience's approval and loud claps.

"I apologize for being... Slightly upheld... but that is not a matter as I am here now, and ready to witness this -hopefully- exciting Trial!"

The audience clapped, they loved Furina's theatrics and flamboyance.
Furina quickly sat down and let the trial commence, all the while her head in hangover agony.
Once all the attention went over to the people on the stage, Furina slouched over and groaned under her breath.
Her stomach rumbled too, she forgot that she didn't have breakfast due to being in such a rush.
She turned over to her bodyguard, who was listening in to the court trial.

"Ah... Clorinde..?" She said quietly.

"Hm?" She responded curiously,

Furina nervously smiled, trying to be friendly enough to hide her visible pain.
"Could you. get me a glass of water...? I'm a little under the weather... Oh, and something to eat as well, if you could..."

Clorinde sighed and nodded, walking through the door that led out of Furina's personal trial viewing balcony.

Furina sank into her chair, at least everyone was focused on the trial rather than her. She looked over towards the stage, wondering what the trial was even about.
Her brain, however, was just static. She could make out the occasional word or two, but the headache was too much...

By the time she tuned back into reality, Clorinde was standing beside her throne with a tray. On the tray was a glass of water, and a croissant. Furina smiled and took the tray,

"Clorinde.. you're so sweet... No wonder you're my favourite of the Gardes..

Clorinde smiled at being complimented, even if she was only doing her duty for the Archon of the nation.

Furina took a sip from the glass of water,
"Ah... That helped to soothe the hang- I mean, headache..."
Clorinde looked over, wondering why Furina stammered but paid no mind to it.
Furina sighed in relief, after all, if anyone found out she got drunk last night she would be sorely scolded for being careless, and the fact she stole one of the expensive bottles...

Furina sighed once more,
"My dear Clorinde, what is this trial about? A murder case, perhaps?"

Clorinde shook her head,
"..Someone was caught drinking tomato sauce straight from a tap in one of the local restaurants, which according to one of the laws you put in place a few years ago, is a punishable crime."

Furina laughed,
"Nonono you've gotta be kidding.. when did I make that a law- oohhh..."
Furina remembered the time she went to one of the new restaurants with some of her favourite staff. During the evening, someone who appeared very under the influence ended up going to the condiment taps and drinking straight from them. This act disgusted Furina so much, she made a law about it.. However, no one was ever arrested for it until now..

Furina snickered,
"Heh.. how funny..."

Furina took a bite of the croissant, her eyes lighting up.
"Mm.. yum..."

Perhaps this trial might be a little more entertaining than she thought.

Back in the court of Fontaine, however...

A certain Miss Arlecchino was gathering intel about Furina.
And also, the masquerade Ball...