74th

(I am sorry, one specific read, but I need to share this... Commenting under the paragraph about Bera wanting to dropkick a child and comparing it to something Technoblade related made my brain say, totally calmly, that Bera is the Techo of the Hunger Games.)

"And down goes Jack." Bera said, the bloodbath coming out with killing her male tributes right away, he had hurt his leg training so he didn't have much of a chance anyway. That boy, Marvel was it? Slashed not only his throat open but stabbed his body several time making her a bit irked at Gloss at this moment as he was known for his slashy victory.

But she still was currently more interested in the child she wanted to dropkick... Haymitch told her it was Katniss Everdeen but honestly Cat Evergarden fits more, isn't Katniss like a swampy potato? Well her looks fits it, rolling around in the dirt after she stupidly tried to run to the middle and grab something.

But she was correct, this girl thought of going to the middle, she had an idea of what to do with a weapon to think of risking it.

As odd as it is, there had never been history of a peacekeeper like Valerius and her relationship, or if it was Snow quieted it down, was another peacekeeper going around in the lower districts and helping people?

But 12 is a really poor district from what she knows even if her own district has the most tesserae per people before she torched the place, what she knew because of Haymitch was that they couldn't learn to work before 18 and since it was a mining district that would mean they don't get to build strength. Jeez Snow really doesn't want 12 to win does he?

--------------------------------------

The blood curdling scream pierced through the TV as 8's last tribute had lit a fire to keep herself warm but had drawn in the careers to her position.

Bera silently smiled, the first night they couldn't get sponsored gifts, if she had just made it to tomorrow she could have tried something for her.

The brutality with which the tribute Cato, a kid packing so much muscle she allmost thought his T-shirt would rip off his body, has slashed her tribute was signed Brutus. Silently thanking the male of 12 that teamed up with them for putting her out of her misery when the careers would have left her for dead, in pain, to bleed out in the night.

Tho she didn't see Brutus since that day, she wished she did more to him. (I will tell you this now since technically this is no spoiler, but Bera and Brutus? 75th? It will be quite a show down but there is one detail I want to tell you about that but I can't!!! I so wanna but damn.) He was annoying her by just breathing, she could have taken care of that permanently.

-------------------------------------

What is going on in these games?

Bera had cared only for James and her alliances were futile even if she feels sorry for Dawn, the way she killed her is still a huge betrayal for even herself.

But singing to a little child as she rocked her to her deathbed and then taking the time to cover her with flowers, with white little bunches of flowers and not only that.

Each district had their culture and gestures, things other districts wouldn't understand, like 8 if you gave a thumbs down while holding that hand in your other one was a purely district 8 way to say get fucked... But this three fingers up, thumb holding down the pinky, kissing them and lifting them up, even without knowing what it truly meant, just radiated with respect.

It almost gave her goosebumps.

Not a single time had it happened that such a feeling was felt by anyone, true district unity even in the face of the games, even in death.

And that parachute, Haymitch couldn't have gotten it, he was sitting by her, district 11 doesn't have sponsors and no one else would have gotten it, district 12 couldn't have gathered enough money for her and probably wouldn't have since the girl can hunt with that damned bow, only one district would sacrifice so much money to themselves sponsor a gift... 11 itself.

-------------------------------

Since Rue's death, the games had lost their meanings to Bera, too entertained by her own line of thought to react with as much disgust as the other mentors when the mutts that looked almost like the dead tributes were brought in.

She watched how 2 and 12s fought it out but all she had on her mind was Snow.

And oooooh did she smile.

Bera was doing her best to drown her laughter out but it was eating her alive.

Seems like she's got a flame of hope at her disposition for her 'work' in the Capitol.

The snow will soon melt in the flames of a heated Panem screaming for freedom.